[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get a hoarder to clean or atleast organize?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
How do I get a hoarder to clean or atleast organize?
>>
You dont. Its like asking you to get rid of your most valuable possession for no reason.

Hoarding is a mental issue. Only way ythis person will get rid of or tidy someshit is if they want to... and reven then they need phsycological help.
>>
>>17370695
She refuses to seek physiological help. I've offered to help her sort it out too and she says she's gonna do it.
>>
>>17370925
Set a date to sort everything. Ask her when she's free within the next month, and say when you're going to fix everything up. She can't back down then.
>>
>>17370695
This. 100% this. You're not going to be able to get them to clean up and organize. I've been dealing with a hoarder in my family for a while. I've helped clean several times, like take time off work to help clean, and it lasts for a few months.

They will have to get mental help. It's just the reality and there is nothing you can do to force them.

It's sad to watch but really the only thing you can do is encourage them to seek help.
>>
>>17370925
Speaking from experience. Offer to help only with the caveat that she does get the psychological help. Reason is she will not let you throw anything away and you will get insanely frustrated.

I've helped a family member clean numerous times, and about 3 months later it's worse than it was. The root problem has to be addressed otherwise the symptoms (hoarding) will just continue.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.