[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First Time Home Renter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 0
Just signed my first ever lease. Renting a small home in a cove in the city with 2 roommates for the next 12 months. Pretty small, but a great backyard. All advice welcome.

>pic unrelated
>>
This is a blue board. Don't post random nudity to try to get our attention, this isn't /b/.
>>
>>17370362
Good advice
>>
>>17370371

Do you know these roommates?
>>
>>17370390
Yeah they're my bros. One in med school, one working saving to start phd
>>
>>17370407

Make sure you have some ground rules right from the start. Friends tend to let things slip until they start secretly harbouring resentment or ill feelings because someone is getting irritating/falling behind in mutual effort of house duties. If you establish early how everyone should be and on the same page it helps a lot.
>>
>>17370420
Great, I'll talk to them about that. What's the best way to divide that stuff up?

Also, what do I need to think about considering decorating and general upkeep? Keep in mind this house is very small. 3 bed 1 bath with small kitchen and living room
>>
>>17370445

Well, you'll want to lay some rule down for groceries, whether you're going to all share and pool money or everyone buy their own stuff. The fridge can get full really fast if you're all buying separate though, but that's how we liked to do it.

As far as dishes went, we didn't have a 'dishes day' for anyone. Everyone just washed their own plates/whatever cooking devices they used after eating, so nothing ever piled up.

Cleaning we'd usually switch off at the end of the week or something, although none of us were too messy so it wasn't such a big deal.

One major problem we had was with the people working vs the people going to school. Some liked to party a bit too much during school days and there were some issues.
>>
Also bills. If utilities are included in rent, that's great. If not, you'll want to split it probably though online banking, maybe each take a utility, or designate one person to do it.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.