[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Manipulative?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 1280x720
Is it shady that I can do very well interpersonally?

I can usually have girls interested in me despite being in a really unattractive life situation. I'm a poor guy who doesn't even look good, and the pretty rich girls seem to like me. I have also been eating increasingly higher quality food, but for free, as my roommate insists on feeding me organic produce when I don't cook my generic "meals." These people just give me their time and affection, without me asking, because I say the right thing and make the right impression. You can chalk a lot of that up to their own personal desires, but it seems funny that I live well at all on the bare minimum amount of work required to exist.

My father has preachers, actors, and performers in his family. My mother was a financial sales rep, her father is a retired foreman, and her grandfather was a handsome womanizer (among other more worthwhile things).

When my father was fat, desperate and out of style near the end of his divorce, he was bringing home these hot college girls I felt lucky even getting a glance from. He was gross and sad, you should have seen.

Is it in my genetics to be manipulative? I can spot antisocials and narcissists from a mile away, because their manipulative actions are usually not covert or excusable. They do damage, and if they hurt my friends I expose them...but what if I'm just the perfectly sized tick that never gets too fat or unruly? What if I'm not a good person? Am I burden on the world by nature?
>>
bump

really need unbiased feedback on this
it's a touchy subject with friends
>>
>>17369789
As far as your friends feeding you it sounds like they pity you and are basically being charitable. Which might explain why they give you their time and affection, because they also know you have a crumby life. I wouldn't brag about this, nor should you think you're taking advantage of them.

I pick up the tab for a lot of my poorer friends and even co-workers all the time. I patronize them a lot too because it makes them feel better about themselves.

Now as far as girls being interested in you that could just be cause you're charismatic. But the big question is, do you end up hooking up with them or is it just nice casual banter?

I think you're looking too much into this "being genetically manipulative" thing.
>>
>>17369899
it seems like you're more focused on taking me as a braggart and then further scrutinizing me than answering the question.

>Is it shady to do very well interpersonally?
>what if I'm not a good person
>am I a burden on the world by nature

pity is kind of a repellant in a way, just to let you know. it's having sympathy for someone while simultaneously being disgusted by them. people typically don't spend the majority of their time with someone they find gross.
>>
>>17369947
>really need unbiased feedback on this
Yet you took everything I said as a personal attack. Then you tried to rationalize what I said to fit your narrative.

You wanted honest feedback bro and you got it.
>>
How do I become more like you
>>
>>17369956
I thought it was implied that I
a. wanted my question answered
b. didn't want butthurt

but yeah your comment was helpful. maybe I should keep my ego in check.

I was interested in an answer to my questions though: is using charisma and what you know about psychology to put yourself in an advantageous situation...shady? Unethical?
>>
>>17369972
pity yourself
fuck your life up
get really entitled
>>
Bit of a rambly post from you but here is what i got:

1. Am I taking advantage of my friends? Keep in mind that it is your friends decision to give you food or whatever they do. You're not forcing them to. But if you really want to know is why they are kind to you then just ask them instead of assuming.

2. Am i a good person? Well you haven't done anything wrong other than feel some sort of superiority to your peers but that isn't really that much of a problem. Actually i can't quite put my finger on it but you remind of some sort of literary persona.

Also i don't think that is how genetics work. And you don't appear manipulative to me.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.