[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My boyfriend's mother is extremely sick with a lot of things
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: bad.jpg (9 KB, 170x254) Image search: [Google]
bad.jpg
9 KB, 170x254
My boyfriend's mother is extremely sick with a lot of things including MS, and he's had to take care of her from a young age.
She might die anytime soon. I have insecurity issues so I fear that the shock from her dying might cause him to break up with me.
He has no other reason to, and he frequently showers me with affection. Am I just paranoid?

And yes, I do care about his family. This is just one thing that's on my mind.
>>
Sometimes he says I should leave because his life is too much of a burden. I never will, though.
>>
>>17369749
>Am I just paranoid?
Yes. Your paranoia is what will likely drive him away from you if you can't control yourself.

>>17370141
>Sometimes he says I should leave because his life is too much of a burden.
That's because he feels guilty that he can't be a normal boyfriend with a normal family. He loves you so much that he wants you to be truly happy, even if it's without him.
>>
>>17370148
He'd literally have to have armed bodyguards drag me away by the hair. No amount of "burden" will be enough for me to be okay with leaving. I love him too much for that to be much of a problem.
>>
I took a shit and now my asshole hurts.
>>
>>17369749
He feels bad about the strain he puts you through because he cares about you greatly. You are paranoid and somewhat insecure in your relationship, he'll need you more than ever when his mother dies, if anything you need to push him to open up more to you, to lean fully on you that he may have rest.
>>
>>17370951
See, that's what the logical side of me says. Then the retarded side of me goes "durrhurr he'll leave".

Also, it will be a bittersweet thing for him because his mother dying will mean he can probably look for a job and do something with his life instead of being trapped in the house all day.
Dunno how his housing situation will be. His parents both get money from the government for disability.
>>
>>17370960
Insurance will pay for a while, at least until he can get a job. If you're truly struggling with this doubt and fear, speak with your boyfriend about it. Tell him how you feel and all your thoughts on everything that's going on. You'll feel a lot better and much more secure. He'll reassure you and tell you that he needs you, and your trust and relationship with both become stronger.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.