[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Friendship Over?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
I have been friends with a female friend for about 5 years
>same class in school for several years.

When she graduated, she moved into another town and our communication petered out. One year after that i happened to move to a town very close to hers.

I wanted to meet-up as friends and catch-up.
>But every time i reestablished contact, and invited her over (even just skyping), she always found a reason not to come (party, friends, study...).
>She always told me to come to her place (neither makes a big difference, we live only 45min apart). Then contact stopped. And every time i tried to get in touch, the same happened.
>NEVER did she contact me and ask me how i was.

A few weeks ago, i had business in her town and told her that i would be in town. Told her a few days beforehand.
>she wrote she'd see.
>me looking forward to it
>the nights before we had wrote quite a bit.
>one night before she suddenly says 'she cannot' - 'don't be angry - smily'
>doesn't give any reason
>had already adjusted my week accordingly before hand.

>This pissed me off a lot.
Apart from her behaviour being very disrespectful and impolite in my opinion.
Friendships are important to me. And i would put aside a few hours any time a friend came over, no matter the circumstances.

I know we are both busy with our own studies. I am more restricted due the structure of my study (very frequent exams).
>But not finding a single day in an entire year while living basically next to one another is not ok to me.

The only time in the entire year we skyped she cut off after 45min because she was called to eat. When we talked it was like old times.

I am now at the point where i just won't contact her anymore. I am tired of her not seeming to care about/actively dismissing a long friendship.
And only me contacting her. And her being so unreliable and unresponsive.

>What should i do?
>Just consider the friendship dead?
>Experiences?
>>
tell her she's a cunt
>>
>>17369645
Did you guys have a thing op? Romantic/relationship wise?
>>
>>17369645
>same class in school for several years.
ok
>she always found a reason not to come (party, friends, study...)
>She always told me to come to her place (neither makes a big difference, we live only 45min apart). Then contact stopped. And every time i tried to get in touch, the same happened.
>NEVER did she contact me and ask me how i was.
I think there was a hint somewhere, try any of the above
>she wrote she'd see.
That's not a yes
>one night before she suddenly says 'she cannot' - 'don't be angry - smily'
>doesn't give any reason
Yeah you are really bad at taking hints.

Accept the friendship is over, I don't know how friendly you both were, but it sounds like you were just classmates.
You don't get to keep all of your friends, not even the ones you know for years, that's just how life works.
>>
>>17369647
I'd love to anon.
Just ignored her though.

>>17369651
No we were never in a relationship.

I did have a on-off crush on her over the years, but never anything which got serious.
She just happens to be somebody i care quite a bit about (probably too much).

>>17369655
To clarify. We were close friends: going out to eat, bike tours, etc. We could have hour long talks about random shit.

That being said, she always was somewhat of 'hard to read one'. Very good by-the-book student, but seemingly naive. But one could never tell whether it's an act or genuine thickheadedness.
>her best girlfriends said it was smth in between.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.