[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Losing the relationship spark
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 1383917599129.gif (3 MB, 287x191) Image search: [Google]
1383917599129.gif
3 MB, 287x191
>Telling your girl friend that after 3 years that you think the spark is gone ?

I am the world to my girlfriend (who suffers form depression) and she regularly tells me im one of the few things that makes her happy, but this isnt really the case for me anymore.

everything has just become really shrug-able, its not even like i know any other women or have a broad social life its just the relationship has gone stale, no excitement.

Has anyone else here been in a similar situation?
I will answer some questions if anyone has any.
>>
im in the same situation. just coasting right now and haven't yet completely pulled the plug. the more i get busy with my life, the more she's trying to hang on
>>
>>17369227

just like life, you gotta work at making something worthwhile. you need to try and make your relationship fun.

that 'spark' is mostly the honeymoon phase, but if you treat the relationship right, that spark can light a fire.

that being said if ur just done, get out of the relationshi
>>
>>17369227
I'm in the same situation man!, Just dunno what to make of things. Seems like we are on the verge of separation. Conversation is dry
>>
>>17369227
First, you have to understand that what you call spark is just the excitement of discovering something new in your SO. After 3 years, a lot of couple know all about each other so, yeah, no more sparkly feeling.

But you have to accept that every relationship is bound to get to this stage. It does not mean that there isn't love anymore, just that you get used to that person. If you break up with you SO, you will, yeah, get a sparlky stage with your new girlfriend. Then break up after 2 year for the same reason. Then another one.
Is it worth throwing away a well established relationship? don't you feel like you still can make a bit of road together?
>>
>>17369403
>>17369403

Thats true.

She also has no hobbies, interests, doesn't exercise (i do, quite alot) has depression and a pretty lame personality in terms of not getting off her arse to make things better.

I just need to make up my mind whether its worth going out with someone who loves me just because she loves me.
>>
File: 1467613392502.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1760) Image search: [Google]
1467613392502.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1760
>>17369227
I think it'll crush her if you dump her now since the relationship is well established, BUT then again no one can just be forced to stay in a relationship just because of guilt. Just consider the two things is all I'm saying. But we don't know much about the relationship to begin with. We don't know if that "spark" was always there most of the time or just a honeymoon phase (which was probably the latter.) Not all relationships stay amazing all the time. That's just impossible. But judging by what you were saying and your character, you look like you're going to be in the same situation again so is there really a point to dumping her if you're going to do it again to another girl? Just being with a girl for a few years, get bored, leave and repeat? My parents hate each other most times and disagree a lot but love isn't like in the movies where its all happy all the time. There's going to be ups and downs and right now you're in the downs is all. My parents still haven't divorced because they love each other the most at times when they agree and they see its worth it just for those times. All I'm saying is consider what you're doing and it looks like maybe you should stay with her and work on it. But we don't know the situation enough to tell you a real answer so take my suggestion with a grain if salt.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.