[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
100% sobriety or some leeway?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
Hi /adv/

Some story for context.
From 18-21 (current 23) i slowly developed some heavy alcoholism, laying around all day amounting to nothing etc..

I got myself a gf who was super active, we worked out alot and she was a good influence on my habits, got a job during this time which i still hold. I was an active alcoholic though. I was pretty much just a mindless bitch with no opinions, drivers license, alot of free time and a dick, so she found me convenient and dumped me when she felt like something else a year later.

When she broke up i felt like change, i thought id do a week without alcohol and the resulting mess was HELL. The physical changes and mental anguish i experienced when i quit convinced me to make a new years promise not to drink the whole year. It was a huge success. Ive never been happier and more balanced in my life, i was an outright superman, man. Habits where those of astronauts. When the year had passed i started drinking at parties and such again and i still dont feel like alcohol is an issue.

>I think that ive merely replaced it with weed though.

For 3-4 months my majority of days have ended with weed, im not going out as much, im not cooking as well or as often, exercise sporadically and rarely.. a whole host of generally lazy attitudes have developed recently. My dealer is a friend now, i sort of go to him just for the company sometimes.

My question to you is this: can you ever balance these things if you demonstrably had an issue before? Am i simply an addict and need to abstain? I actually dislike alcohol a little bit now, i get headaches easily and i really only drink for social occasions. Weed has become a blatant issue however, ive seen this shit before in another form.

Weed does fit me better and i would love to be able to indulge a bit now and then. Taking everything off the table was never something i was ready to do, im still young and i still feel the urge to experiment.

I wonder if i need to make a permanent decision.
>>
Yes, weed can fuck you up. Work on reducing how often you smoke.
>>
>>17369200
OP don't blame the pot. maybe you just need a less potent blend of herb. or try drinking coffee with it at the same time.

if youre gonna have a monkey on your back, might as well keep this one. weed is like curious george. alcoholism is like a silverback gorilla with a bad temper.

also the other obvious choice is to not smoke until the sun goes down. smoking all throughout the day is a lot less fun in my opinion. better to save it until you are out of work and doing something you enjoy.

just whatever you do, don't use any chemical or drug as a coping method. that's when shit gets hairy
>>
>>17369229
>not smoke until the sun goes down

I do like this idea, to have some sort of environmental check. Not really achievable where im at though as the sun is either up all day during summer, or gone all day during winter.

And thanks, ive already been in that hairy space though so i think i learned that lesson the hard way.
>>
>>17369204
How?

I know how to quit something but i dont know how to balance.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.