[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is anyone else just not feeling like they're connecting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 1462137116945.jpg (20 KB, 583x583) Image search: [Google]
1462137116945.jpg
20 KB, 583x583
Is anyone else just not feeling like they're connecting with everyone else on the recent fallout from terrorist attacks, police shootings, and celebrity deaths in 2016?

This isn't me being edgy - I think these are all horrible things, and people should cut this shit out and get along. But I see people use words like "exhausting," "traumatic," and "life-altering" to describe their feelings about 2016, and I'm over here going "nothing I can do about this, I'll just move on."

My Facebook feed is full of rhetoric and debate and I just wanna talk more about Pokemon Go. It makes me feel like I'm missing something in my heart or soul. The best I can think of is that my uncle shot himself in the head a couple of months back and maybe I'm just numb to everything at the moment?

Anyone else?
>>
I know your feel.

Worrying about it all doesn't do any good to me, so I just try to ignore most of it
>>
File: CnhDzLwXYAAAYs-.jpg-large.jpg (106 KB, 904x692) Image search: [Google]
CnhDzLwXYAAAYs-.jpg-large.jpg
106 KB, 904x692
what's it matter, the bomb's gonna drop in a few months anyway

2016 is certainly fucked but actually op I think you have the right idea; embrace the absurd and all that
>>
>>17369142
>people use words like "exhausting," "traumatic," and "life-altering"
I didn't know third-graders even knew what those words mean.
>>
>>17369156
So, treat it like I would a bizarre adventure?
>>
>>17369248

This isn't OP... but interested to hear other's thoughts.

I don't even feel the need to treat it like an adventure, it's just not resonating with me.
>>
>>17369248
>>17369260
there's an ancient proverb here on /adv/, passed down from sages of old:

just have fun and be urself :^)))
>>
Delete your social media accounts. That's what I did.
>>
>>17369287
also very good advice

fb especially is fucking OVER dude
>>
>>17369142

people can literally exhaust them selves from being angry or just worked up in general.

you ever get into a fight in a thread and walk away feeling sore and exhausted? its the same thing but people are talking about these things and getting worked up and often times arguing.

you and me just want to enjoy life. theres nothing wrong with that. theres nothing wrong with what they do. were just different.
>>
>>17369298

this. its no longer about connecting with people. everyones just a minor celebrity now.

>friends are over for game night
>one spends the first two hours not paying attention just reposting shit on facebook

why
>>
>>17369287
>>17369298

I work in social media and online marketing, can't do that.

Besides, deleting a useful communication tool because you get too worked up over what people are saying is lame.
>>
>>17369318

I work for a psychic, doesn't mean i need a personal reading.

you working in social media has nothing to do with whether or not you have a personal account.
>>
>>17369318
>>17369331
may I add that if you "delete" (read: deactivate, because that shit's forever dude) your fb you can still retain Messenger under your name, which is a separate thing these days

just fyi
>>
>>17369362
My reading comprehension is bad. So if I delete my account, I can still keep messenger?
>>
>>17369331

Yes, it does. I run all of our campaigns from my personal account. I need to know how the system works, how other ads are displayed, etc. It's like saying "I sell commercials but I don't watch TV."

>>17369362

Messenger isn't the only valuable communication tool on FB.
>>
>>17369395
Kind of. If you TRY to delete your fb, it'll actually keep your account on their servers somewhere, but your profile will be taken down from public view and, of course, you won't be able to use the website. BUT you can still use Messenger, yes. it's a separate website (messenger.com I believe) and app

>>17369411
I know, I'll even admit that I miss the events function for finding out about parties and shows and stuff. It was worth it for me, but I can see how it wouldn't be for you
>>
File: 1468411858401.jpg (79 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1468411858401.jpg
79 KB, 400x400
I've actually been in a deep depression for years, and have only started becoming happier, unworried, and generally at peace with things the past few months, while everything else in the world seems to be hitting a fever pitch.

It's not because of it, and I get no joy from chaos or anything like that, but it does make me a little giddy.
>>
They feel the same way you do.
They just post that retarded ahit because they think it makes them look like a good person.
It's called virtue signalling.
>>
>>17369142
its a group/social dynamic thing. they try to signal their virtousness. nobody who is not personally involved will feel any sadness due to terror attacks or plane crashs or whatever
>>
>>17369974
what this guy said is correct
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.