[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /adv/ Say if I were an idiot that never learned much about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1443368905305.png (231 KB, 328x336) Image search: [Google]
1443368905305.png
231 KB, 328x336
Hi /adv/

Say if I were an idiot that never learned much about math (such as basic basic algebra and so on) where would be a good place to start?

I've been wanting to actually properly learn math for a bit now aside from just stuff you learn in primary school.
>>
>>17368777
Be more specific. What level of math are you currently up to?
>>
>>17368780
I guess I finished everything before high school really, sorry if this sounds stupid not exactly sure how to say if that makes sense.
>>
>>17368787
Take a plato course, I guess. My friends who were not very good at math took these instead of traditional math courses. It's hard for me to recommend something for you if I do not have a place to start, since there are many different areas of math.

If you're done with algebra 1 or 2, then plato courses should be a good place to start. Whenever people paid me to do their plato stuff for them in high school, the material in them seemed to pick up from there.
>>
>>17368812
I guess I never really got very in to algebra 1 if that helps, so i guess I feel confident about starting from there then working my way up if possible.

Sorry that I can't give much to go on like the tard I am.
>>
I'd like to know this too. I quit before high school for mental issues and seem to have trouble reading sequences of numbers so bad I never got to grasp long division or vertical multiplication.

So pre-algebra. I wouldn't go as far as to say dyscalculia, but sometimes I just can't read numbers.
>>
>>17368830
It's fine. If you really aren't a tard (which, in all likelihood, you aren't), then you will pick up on it with time.
>>
>>17368777
Take Algebra 1 at a community college, to start.
>>
>>17368915
Better yet, go pre-algebra. I know, pretty fucking lame, but I was stuck with a bulldyke for an entire year before dropping out, and she was brutal.

You need a foundation to build upon before entering Algebra 1, unless you had decent experiences with it before.
>>
From whatever source you're learning, remember to take it in small steps. One thing at a time. Even if you're natural at math, if you are going to rush it, it won't work well. Also, spaced repetition. Revise things you learned some time after. Most of the adults who don't work with math specifically forget more advanced elements later in life.
>>
>>17368777
Start with pre algebra and go from their.
Algebra 1&2 > Geometry > Trig/Precal > calculus and/or stats

That's the usual progression.
>>
Khan academy is a nice website for learning from basic to advanced math, algebra and other subjects like chemistry or even medicine. I've tried it and the videos are great, and easy to understand
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.