[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
alright so im 26 and im working in an office with 3 middle aged
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: 123214352324234.jpg (30 KB, 570x666) Image search: [Google]
123214352324234.jpg
30 KB, 570x666
alright so im 26 and im working in an office with 3 middle aged women (they are disgusting before anyone..)

ive been here for a year now - first job - but i cannot take it anymore so i decided to use earbuds and listen to music at work because i am no longer interested in them

i came to the realization that they are two faced bitches and i should never tell them anything ever

the other thing that annoys me is that their daily topics are: kids, family, shopping, food, kids, kids, work is shit

i mean if work is shit and you cannot believe that you have to be here then go the fuck home but don't expect to get paid for it

they have 0 education and im the only one in the office with an actual work so they just basically come in to talk about feelings and stuff which is annoying because i cannot concentrate and sometimes when im on phone i cant hear the other party because of their chit-chat

anyway long story short - i could probably keep on complaining for 15 pages - can i be engaged by my boss not to use earbuds and not to listen to music? can they punish me for using them? im answering phonecalls always and stuff its not so loud that i wouldn't hear the phone ring or important stuff but its loud enough to distract me from them (sometimes its not enough)

i was thinking about handing in a formal notice that the work environment is not good but then again i know they wont do anything and id just piss everybody off even more
>>
Wait what women who are probably mothers will talk about their kids
Or or wait women gossip jesus it's almost like these aren't facts
>>
>>17368581
first job mang i had no fucking idea that older women have no life and can only talk about unimportant shit
>>
>>17368567
Technically they could. But as long as it's not interfering with your work I don't see why they would.
I'd recommend headphones though, better sound quality that way. Skullcandy is good if you're on a budget but want decent quality.
>>
>>17368596
i actually have skullcandy method - also use it for running - i just found that pic faster
>>
File: earbuds.jpg (20 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
earbuds.jpg
20 KB, 636x358
>>17368567
>>17368590
>>17368601

I definitely relate man, I had this exact problem in my first desk job (which I quit because I'm an idiot)

Use in-ear earbuds, you'll block out more sound, and less sound will leak (so your colleagues won't hear it)

As long as you can still hear your phone (or at least see it flashing) then it should be fine.

Can I ask what you do? I was a web dev, and I did occasionally have phone calls from other developers, some conference calls etc., but not constantly
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.