[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tl;dr: Me and my girlfriend both have PTSD, it's manifesting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: FB_IMG_1468601433355.jpg (40 KB, 426x960) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1468601433355.jpg
40 KB, 426x960
tl;dr: Me and my girlfriend both have PTSD, it's manifesting in opposite ways and doing real damage to our relationship.

Yes, we are both scheduled for continued visits with mental health professionals, but also because of the whole Diagnostic>prescriber>therapist routine where they all have their own busy schedule, treatment is not immediate and I'd like mean time advice

>Get shit beat out of me as a kid
>Scars, concussions, whole nine yards
>Years later get diagnosed with PTSD
>Think it's bullshit, but I can see why they'd say that
>Meet the love of my life
>She is an emotional wreck, see the symptoms in her that were given to me as evidence of my own PTSD, though it's undiagnosed
>Don't really fix her, but get her to a functional place
>We're in love and together and it's awesome
>Figure joining the army is the best way to provide for our future together(lied when they asked me about mental health)
>Stupid idea
>Me being out of contact and far away was bad for her
>Gets kinda shitty almost immediately but the situation survived for a year before she just breaks and ends up worse than when I found her
>Talk to behavioral health guys
>Yup these are all really typical PTSD manifestations
>Oh shit, separate as fast as I can (still took 4 months) so I can go make things right
>Turns out that separating often exacerbates these things
>I have to watch my own back like Jim used to, and I also have to watch my back like Steve used to, and basically I should be on edgetting forever
>It's tough, within a month of being back I had a full blown, grown man crying, panic attack in my grandma's kitchen
>Get to VA mental health, learn about the above as well as a couple other things
>In many, PTSD compels them to withdraw and not want to be accountable to people
>Like her
>In uncommon, but still prevalent cases it compels people to overly lean on their support for a sense of security and predictability
>Like me
>>
So now I'm too clingy and she's too distant and that stresses us out and we get mad at each other for being mad at each other and it's all happening at a bad rate. I got home like 5 weeks ago and we're just hanging on by a thread.

Wat do?
>>
>>17368487
Yo know what to do :/
Break up and find some other crutch
>>
>>17368487
Hey man,
>22
>diagnosed with chronic PTSD since childhood
>similarly to you, multiple cases of extreme violence & psychological degradation >Therapy helped my awareness but didnt really fix anything.
>lost gf of 3 years because of strain on relationship
>multitude of negative behavioral patterns manifested into my everyday life because of said illness

I suggest you meditate, alot. Work on expanding your consciousness... also recommend researching LSD, MDMA, Psilocybin assisted psychotherapy, or even just taking them by yourself/with a trip sitter.
A good place to start is the non-profit organisation MAPS, maybe even listen to Rick Doblins podcast appearances.

good luck to you brother.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.