[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A second opinion would be appreciated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: Blue_rain.jpg (85 KB, 1026x480) Image search: [Google]
Blue_rain.jpg
85 KB, 1026x480
I've been married for awhile now, we have two young kids, and I can't stand to be around her anymore. We'll be moving back to the east coast in a couple of months because my job will change, and I'm going to file for divorce then. I have most of this figured out, but I'm torn between telling her now and having to deal with the shit storm that will cause, or keeping quiet about it until after we move so that at least things won't go sideways. Moving out isn't an option right now for multiple reasons.
>>
>>17367766
You shouldn't have had kids if you didn't like her.
>>
What don't you like about her anymore? Have you communicated you're problems with her? Marriage counseling?

If I were you I'd suffer it out long enough for the kids to not have to live in a broken home. Divorce is a last resort.
>>
>>17367766
>keeping quiet about it until after we move so that at least things won't go sideways
You really think things won't go sideways if you tell her just after you move across the country? Honestly, telling her not long before your job takes you across the country is probably better from a logistical standpoint.

But best of all would be to rebuild, if it is at all possible. What has made things so unbearable?
>>
>>17367783
There's no fixing the marriage at this point, what she wants and what I want out of life are two completely different things.
>>
>>17367787
Talk to her before you move across the country, definitely don't wait until after.
>>
>>17367786

What's unbearable is that she does nothing all fay, and hasn't for quite awhile now. She doesn't really watch over the kids, and as soon as I get home she ignores them completely. She doesn't do any household chores, but won't get a job either. She basically just wants a free ride at this point and I want to be with somebody who will put in as much work as I will.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.