[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Continue...?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: scars.jpg (68 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
scars.jpg
68 KB, 750x1000
Hi everyone. So my life is in a dark spot and I need some advice from an impartial group. Please hear my story. I've lost everything. I screwed things up with the love of my life several years ago by telling her to kill herself because we were fighting on her birthday. I had nowhere near the anger management I have now and she hates me because of my bad choices from then. She's hated me for years now and only become more and more vocal about it. She was my everything. Because of losing her, my light, I lost focus on my life and am now losing my career in the military in a few months. Military service was one of the few aspirations I had left and it too is gone now. Along with that I've run into terrible financial problems, lost all my friends in an attempt to save bad relationships, shamed myself from ever being able to face my family, and ultimately lost my dreams. I won't drag out my story, but with everything I've ever cared about lost, what's the point of going on? I find myself seriously contemplating ending it just to get away from all the pain. None of that "the world is your oyster" stuff is helping at this point. For years everything has been downhill and now the floor has given out.

Is there any light in the future?
>>
There's always something to stick for. Do you have anything you do?Anything you used to enjoy?

Sometimes shit happens. And suicide, man..once it's done, there is no try again.

So you said shit to a girl you loved. Everyone says bad shit to people they care about. But is it wirth ending life completely? Shit may be terrible now, but you can always pull outta it if you focus hard and TRY to give attention to old hobbies you liked or even just helping someone else. Overtime that help will reward you. But dying? It end the temporary pain..permanently.
>>
>>17367720
Losing what was essentially my soulmate, PLUS my career, and a lack of any reliable support has taken it's toll on me. All I feel these days is pain, stress and pressure. All my old hobbies have too much stigma attached to go anywhere near. It feels like I have no roads left to survive on.
>>
>>17367727
So that's an excuse to end temporary pain? To never experience ANYTHING again?
>>
>>17367744
Not really an excuse...
I think it's too easy for people to look at it as people are looking for reasons to end their pain, instead of seeing it for what it is:

The last apparent option to make nonstop pain and agony stop.

I've always been a somewhat optimistic person but with everything going on, even I'm seeing this as the end of the road. Emotion sucks.
>>
>>17367751
Do or do not there is not try.
Suicide is failure, Dying happily in old age is success. As long as you can die happy youve won.
>>
>>17367771
Without love or dreams to chase, there is no happiness. I feel like a loser so...does that mean this really is the end and I've lost?
>>
Go talk to your Chaplin, even if you aren't religious they still have 100% privacy. Militaryonesaurce is another resource you can use for 12 free therapy sessions, they're good people and helped me out before.
>>
>>17367784
Lol. Chaplains...I've talked to them twice: once in Korea and once at my current station. Both times I tried to just get advice, telling them I'm not religious and they still crammed their religion down my throat. I hear alot about militaryonesource.....who knows, maybe they'll be my final stop before I go out the door.
>>
>>17367781
No, it means you start over. I've been in your shoes. It takes time and effort, but you can rebuild your life. I did it, and you can too. Just start small. Find a new hobby, pick up a new skill set. Just hang in there buddy, it'll get better as long as you work to make it better.
>>
>>17367822
Well, thanks for the encouragement. I have a separation brief in the morning so I have to go to bed. Thank you for all the advice. Good night everyone.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.