[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I own a home in a middle class neighborhood. People mostly keep
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
I own a home in a middle class neighborhood.

People mostly keep to themselves and stay indoor.

Recently a couple moved into a house down the street where I notice the husband spends a abnormal amount of time in the garage with the door up. His behavior is predictable:

> Very resilient in staying in the garage even during extreme weather conditions. Even having to take his shirt off during extreme heat.
> Talks to anyone and everyone who passes. Anytime someone is outside or walking around, he watches or talks to them.
> Drinks a ton of beer and reeks of alcohol when talking.
> Wife is seen sometimes walking around with him
> Lawn is a piece of shit and in the worst condition with edges growing into the road
> Smokes a lot
> When it is garbage day, it takes him a few days to bring it back in
> Can stay in the garage with the lights on or door open all hours of the night
> He does fucking nothing in the garage except stand around looking at things. Sometimes fiddling with something in a drawer or table.
> He doesn't seem to produce anything that I would consider a hobby you can do in the garage such as building model airplanes, putting together artwork, or anything
> Seems to have friends who come and visits him. He talks with them for a very long time so it appears he has friends and/or families who come to visits.

Overall he seems to bring the home value on the street down a lot. What I'm trying to figure out is what exactly is going on with this guy? Why isn't he indoors with his wife and children? Why would someone stay out in the garage this much rather than being indoors? He doesn't seem to be enjoying staying in the garage as he does absolutely nothing at all other than standing around and going out to talk to random people who walk the street?
>>
>I judge other people's leisure time because I am scared that mummy and daddy's house price will go down if a man is in his garage

Fuck off and die
>>
>>17367152

I came into this thread to post this exact sentiment.

OP, worry about you. Let garage guy worry about garage guy.
>>
>>17367182
>OP, worry about you. Let garage guy worry about garage guy.
This.
>>
>>17366994
Talk to him if you want to learn about him.
Until he's done anything illegal, you have nothing to complain about.
>>
>>17366994
How much time do you spend watching him in his garage per day?
>>
>>17367152
>>17367182
>>17367187
Yeah, but the guy is kinda a piece of shit who smokes and drinks all day.
How can I get him to move so I don't have to look at him anymore? Ideas?
>>
>>17367220
About an hour or two over the course of the day if i'm being honest.
I'm trying to catch him in the act of doing something illegal.
Nothing wrong with that, I'm more or less the neighborhood watch.
>>
>>17367221
Muh people i dont like are doing stuff i dont like
in my country theres a saying that translates roughly to 'the one who is disturbed is the one who should move'
>>
>>17367226
i lol'd, you need a hobby too it sounds like.

worst case scenario im sure there are some bylaws in place so he has to clear shit up and stop being a nuisance to fellow neighbors. he'll get fined at the very least and you become a lil bitch because you cant mind your own business.
>>
>>17367308
I kinda thought you guys would be more on board with me on this.
It cost a fuck ton of time and money to move, so I'd rather I get him to move away from my neighborhood than I move.
>>
>>17367182
It sounds like hanging out in the garage all hour of the day is common in America?
>>
>>17367220
About 0 other than having noticed he's out in the garage all hours of the day. Having worked early in the morning, like 2-3 am, I can see him out in the garage just standing there.
>>
>>17367221
>How can I get him to move so I don't have to look at him anymore? Ideas?

I wouldn't say "move" but just more concerned by his behavior. It seems very odd to me that he's in the garage all hour of the day. Keep in mind, nobody else in the neighborhood does this. Sure they occasionally have bbq out, etc but I never seen someone stay in the garage all hours of the day doing nothing. It has me very worried.
>>
>>17367429
>It has me very worried.

Bullshit, your initial post was nothing but bitching about shit that annoys you.

His manner annoys you; we get it. But you can't control his behavior. Do you really wish you could? Because I guarentee that there's some harmless shit you do that annoys the fuck out of somebody. How'd you like your own actions to be subject to that person's censorship?

Deal with what you can control, which is you watching garage guy, and giving a shit about garage guy. Stop watching, and stop giving a shit. He's not your problem.

Lastly, recognize that you do not have the right to never be annoyed or offended. That is not a right you were ever granted.
>>
Who else /garagedweller/ here?
>>
>>17367746
I like to hang out in my garage, but some teenager fron accross the street keeps peering at me me from behind his blinds.
It doesn't bother me too much, but if he gets any closer, I might call the cops.
>>
>>17366994
Fuck off OP.
>>
>>17366994
It's HOA faggots like you, OP, that make me glad I live in a rural community.
>>
>>17366994
You seem to be watching this man constantly. That's creepy as fuck.
>>
>>17366994
Maybe his wife is a bitch.

Go over and ask him if his wife is a bitch.
>>
>>17368424
you just made my fucking night
>>
>>17366994
In exactly what way is this any of your business?
>>
>>17366994
You seem entirely too concerned about a man who lives his own life and isn't actively part of yours.

Maybe you should stop stalking your neighbor and let him do what he does on his own time in peace.
>>
You know what really makes a neighborhood a pain in the ass to live in? A sneaky asshole that thinks he has the right to tell people how to live their lifes and is observing every step they take. Holy crap, OP. I have a neighbour like you. Not even the police takes him serious anymore. They don't even show up anymore if he calls them. Everybody hates him. Do you want to end like that?
>>
Welcome to America, they told me (at the border). Looking for a good American citizen = found him (and millions more like this guy)
>>
>neighbors are all retired
>that one retired guy who sits out on his porch all day or standing around his truck
>community puts up a couple stop signs
>guy stares at it all day and gives you a dirty look if you slow roll through it
>told my dad I ran the sign a few times while I was at work

Fucking old people.
>>
>>17366994
>s-stop doing stuff i don't like!
You're a cunt. Choke in a dick and die.
This is not your fucking business.
>>
>>17368771
>running a stoplight
You deserve it.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.