[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I wanna know how to deal with stress and anxiety. I recently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: sad-costume-dog-11.jpg (177 KB, 600x440) Image search: [Google]
sad-costume-dog-11.jpg
177 KB, 600x440
I wanna know how to deal with stress and anxiety. I recently suffered from difficulty breathing and also chest pain quite often for an entire week, so I went to the doc thinking my heart was failing or something but she told me there was nothing wrong (physically), that I was too stressed and that I better relax and take it easy. Idk how tf to do that tho, any tips? I've tried thinking stuff like "it's just an exam, failing isn't the end of the world" but every time I think of finals or any problem however small it may be I get really worried and start feeling like shit. I even feel nauseous and I've been told I probably have gastritis. Honestly I'm worried of how it'll be when I have to get a job, or if I ever get fired from a job. I'd probably die
>>
I know there's medication for anxiety but I'd like to know another way, or what you anons do when you're stressed. Any comment will be much appreciated
>>
I usually listen to angry or abrasive music. I've been doing it for a long time, but recently read a study that supports its effectiveness.
http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/heavy-metal-increases-positive-emotions-reduces-stress-australian-study-finds/#/slide/1
I didn't read it on that site, that's from a google search I did right now, but that's the study, I think. Get some metal, hardcore punk or harsh noise and de-stress with it. Listen to an album or half an album and see if you're less stressed after. Working out also helps me, but I can't do that every time I'm stressed.
>>
>>17366561
All right, thanks I'll try that and see if it helps.
>>
>>17366583
try to stay busy if you can, whether with schoolwork or hobbies, dont spend lots of time laying around and thinking about all the stuff you have to and all the things that might go wrong. if you're productive you're distracted from going down those lines of thought. obviously your anxiety is quite bad if its resulting in so much physical pain, though, so if after a while things don't improve you should consider therapy / drugs.
>>
>>17366597
Mm yeah you're right. Thank you I'll keep this in mind
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.