[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /Adv/. I'm 22 years old and Im a total failure. Im fat.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Sheepy.jpg (15 KB, 367x400) Image search: [Google]
Sheepy.jpg
15 KB, 367x400
Hi /Adv/. I'm 22 years old and Im a total failure. Im fat. I have no friends. I havent even started college.My family thinks im useless as fuck. I wasted my life playing video games basically. Can i still turn it around adv? Is there still hope for this fat fuck that doesnt even have job experience
>>
What do you want out of life?
>>
>>17366192

Yea, if you do everything right and nothing dramatic comes up.

You have to actually do shit correctly though, and more so than people who started early.

Your chances are pretty bad though and expect to hate life for the next 10 years.
>>
>>17366199
I want to be able to make my parents proud of what i do. i want to make more than them as well (real estate developers...pretty hard). I wanna lose weight. I wanna have friends. but # one on my list is my parents and money
>>
>>17366205
idk where to or how to even start trying to turn stuff around
>>
>>17366208
Impossible at this point. Even as a doctor you won't make more than a real state developer. See, you're playing catch up at a very late stage . You'll be 27 by the time you get a degree, expect another 3 to 4 years before you can move up from your first job. Thinking of going through more education to get higher in the world? That's another 5 years or more for a masters and a PhD and that process is even slower if you still want to keep your job. I think you set the bar so low that just getting a degree would make your parents happy. Make friends in college. Just get any degree but don't expect to make more than your parents unless you weasel your way into their business. Just set realistic goals or else you'll just end up disappointing yourself.
>>
>>17366214

1. Got to gym.
2. Go to college if parents will pay, get a job if they won't.
3. Figure out what the fuck you want / need to do.
>>
>>17366214
Start now. Don't think about it just go for a walk/run. Do some sit ups/push-ups. Drive around to the local stores and apply there. Everything big starts small. If you want to succeed, the last thing you need to be doing is wallowing in self pity. You dug yourself into this mess, dig yourself out
>>
>>17366208

you can turn yourself around but a few things you shoudl consider

>dont do things just to make others proud or impressed

you want to be happy in life right? trust me that this wont make you happy. at best you will get one moment of feeling good, then your parents sto pcaring cuz they got their own lives to live. and thats at best. chances are they simply wont seem to care. they'll be happy and not mad about it or anything, but ultiamtely they wont care.

isntead, focus on a career that you think will make decent enough dosh and that you think can fulfil you.

>themoney

dont focus on making more money than them. you are not trying to impress here, you are ismply trying to be better, to ptu them in their place. essentially, revenge, and that wont make you happy either.

>lose weight

this is the easiest thing on your list so start here

>remove all drinks that arent water from your diet
>buy a food scale and count calories so that you are under 1500 calories a day
>replace one meal a day with vegetables (breakfast or lunch) with no butter
>replace one day a week with ONLY vegetables
>remove carbs such as bread and noodles. easiest way to cut calories.

do this and you'll notice a dramatic difference desu. its a lot easier to stay under 1500 calories when you remove things like bread and noodles cuz they are so unnecessary so you can eat more stuff with lower calories. remove these and you still end up having room for things like dessert, its great. also, the food scale is hella important, gets you exact weights of food and makes it easier to count out your calories.
>>
>>17366231
noted. actually informative. developers do make more money
>>
>>17366235
i will
>>17366240
very helpful. are you a life coach or something?
>>
>>17366263

not exactly, i work in the self help industry and manage a sort of self help coach.
>>
>>17366269
Regardless, ur input is very much appreciated
>>
Be a nigger!
Get fit, run fast and steal shit.
>>
>>17366272

no problem anon. thank you and good luck. off to dodgeball with me

(which, btw, is an excellent workout)
>>
>>17366269

"Self help industry" - lolol. Now tell me what you can possibly provide that a self-help book doesn't already.

Hard-mode: To someone who isn't clinically retarded.
>>
>>17366288

personalized guidance.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1459771774045.jpg (54 KB, 666x500) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1459771774045.jpg
54 KB, 666x500
>>17366192
I was like you. Then I talked to a recruiter, lost weight, and joined the Army at 23.
It's not all fun and games, sometimes it royally sucks, and I can't recommend it to everyone.
But I get a sense of actually doing shit with my life now. And not everyone can say they've hooked a Humvee to helicopter hovering overhead. So yeah, that's awesome.
As for money, you can use the GI bill and go to college on government cash. I save my money, and I got 17k in not quite 2 years. Whenever I get out, if I do, I'm good. Any questions, feel free to ask.
>>
>>17367067
To clarify, that's 17k in my savings.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.