[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok so I asked out a girl i'm pretty close friends with,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.gif (1 MB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 300x200
Ok so I asked out a girl i'm pretty close friends with, we've been friends for a couple years now and we tell each other pretty personal stuff. She rejected me (politely) and said she doesn't want this to hurt our friendship, what should I do? Keep being friends with her, or just let her go for good.
>>
>>17366187
>what should I do?

Simply walk away.

If you want a relationship with her, her saying 'no' isn't going to change that. You'll develop stronger feelings for her and interactions will just become more awkward and it'll suck even more when you see her with another dude

She wants just a friendship. You don't. Just leave it at that and start talking to other chicks, or at least do other things to get her off your mind.

Never pretend to be a girl's BFF or accept it when you don't want that. All you can do is let her go for good. And if you push for a relationship, she'll just think you're needy and creepy

Walk away
>>
>>17366258
It's gonna be tough seeing how she still is asking to play games and stuff, but I can't feel guilty for my feelings and my sanity i feel like is more important than being her friend.
>>
>>17366187

friendship = friendzone
You brought this on yourself desu.
>>
>>17366427
Yesh, it'll be tough, but it's really all you can do

I'm not saying be a dick and ignore her. Just create some space and do your own thing. Tell her you're busy or something and be with her less

In the meantime, just improve yourself. Talk to other chicks if possible, work out, improve your style, get some hobbies, etc. Anything really. You'll feel better when your life doesn't revolve around her

The time you spend thinking about her is time you're wasting for finding another chick to be with who might want a relationship with you
>>
>>17366444
If only he made his intents clear much earlier.

Staying with someone as a 'friend' only leads to this shit.
>>
>>17366553
She claimed she's not interested in dating anyone, and even though she's socially awkward as fuck, I know it's all a blatant lie to make me "feel better"
>>
>>17366514
Also since I am forced to see her fairly often, due to shared friend, clubs, among other things, should I be kinda distant, or act like nothing happened?
>>
Find out her dark plots to control you and let it happen anon. The friend zone should be the place you mature if it goes there.
>>
Ask if you can try on her underpants.
>>
>>17366749
Both I'd say

Don't go out of your way to be with her specifically anymore and don't seem excited to be with her at all. Talk to her less and talk to your other friends more, never contact her over social media/phone. Only agree to be with her 1 on 1 if it's some kind of date preferably

But at the same time, if you run into her or see her, just act cool and indifferent. If you ignore her like an ass or if you're butthurt about this whole thing, it'll show, and she'll know she can just fuck with you. Act like the whole scenario didn't phase or affect you at all. You need to seem like you don't give a fuck. And you can't just pretend. You need to actually not care.

Just respect her, but don't enforce the "I'm just your innocent friend" persona by orbiting around her, because you obviously don't want just friendship.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.