[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a problem. I have so many things I aspire to do, things
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1442029577201.jpg (275 KB, 814x1200) Image search: [Google]
1442029577201.jpg
275 KB, 814x1200
I have a problem. I have so many things I aspire to do, things I want to work towards and achieve. However, despite having enough time now (due to vacation) and even when I can spare time. I just phsyically and mentally cant, im not sure whether is the lack of motivation and discipline or something. Even though I truly know I want to achieve this things and think about them alot, I can't muster up the will to go and achieve them and work towards them and it fucking sucks.

I feel like I'm at a brick wall in this shitty life on mine.
>>
>>17366069

Just look at the stars friend. You're life is ultimately insignificant in scope of their sizes (powering trillions of Yous in a second).

Knowing this you either get really chill knowing that you can't all be that bad since we all originate from one source (the Universe) or you get really, really busy with the time you have left on this Earth.
>>
>>17366074
I'd rather be busy working towards being happy and doing the things I'd love to be able to do. But I'm a piece of shit who doesn't even love himself.
>>
>>17366069

1. Life is about committing to choices and living with the consequences. If you never do that, you won't accomplish shit.

2. Things are way harder than younger people expect them to be. A skill can take years to learn. Want to learn to do a handstand push up? Expect to put in a year of work. Want to learn to play an instrument. A couple. Want to start a business that might fail - the same. The point - don't spread yourself thin, accomplish at least something.

A lot of us wanted to be jacks of all trades, etc. But in reality, if you aren't a genius with amazing genes, it's not going to happen.

This all really boils down to "pick the most important and focus on it." Focus means allocate uninterrupted time to it - at least 3 hours a day. Without the time commitment, there is no commitment at all.

Finally, no one can help you with the willpower thing. "Just do it" is as close as it gets to the answer. Maybe understanding why you should "just do it" can help.
>>
Think of it this way: you have the same number of hours in your day as anyone else, whether it's Steve Jobs or some NEET in his mom's basement. Take a look at those 24 hours (well, 16 waking hours) and figure out approximately where those hours are going. I have a feeling you're not blankly staring at a wall for 16 hours. An hour to wake up and get ready in the morning, and then 10 hours of 4chan and facebook and shit, and 5 hours of video games? Maybe that's not your particular problem, but pick your poison.

You probably know by this point what I'm getting at; it's not complicated advice. Identify what's sucking up the majority of your hours, and cut it out of your life. Delete your facebook. cut your fucking wifi if you have to. Stop jacking off. Sell your xbox. etc.

it's brutal and yes, much easier said than done, but no one ever said self change was easy
>>
>>17366087
I tried journaling but even with that I somehow couldn't even commit to that. I suck. I'd only be able to tick off at max 2 or even one task and they were pretty minuscule.

Yeah, at times I wish I was some sort of prodigy or had a talent in certain fields because then I'd probably know what I wanted to do in my future.

>>17366092
Studying ahead for my course is pretty boring and it requires internet. Though I don't enjoy it and my second year is something im not looking forward to.

Games, I can cut down but I'm unsure on how to get opportunities to do the things I want to do.

I don't have any friends with the same interests as me so it's hard to get advice or someone to help me on certain things more so. I guess I can cut down on games and mindlessly browsing the internet for long periods.
>>
>>17366120

You aren't likely to accomplish shit until you cut wasting time on the computer. It's one of the biggest drains for our gen - just mindlessly browsing useless shit online. It would be good for you to change environment and be away from your normal life for a bit to realize that you aren't missing out on ANYTHING by not being on the pc.

Anyway - cut that shit like anon said.

>unsure on how to get opportunities to do the things I want to do
>I don't have any friends with the same interests as me so it's hard to get advice or someone to help me on certain things more so.

You are very, very unlikely to get any real help on any meaningful accomplishment. Though you will find resources online to help you with specifics on some things.

Speaking of specifics - if you want more help on what you just said, you are going to need to tell us what you are trying to accomplish.
>>
>>17366133
Sucks that my damn course requires computer. Plus all the books I downloaded are on my laptop too.

There are numerous things I wish to do. Practice consistently and become fluent at the language im learning, learn to dance/join a dance school or studio (however I do not know a good one in my city), practice and become better at piano (though my block in learning has set me back alot), study ahead or learn computer related stuff, learn how to draw. But I feel like me moving forward is impossible as I honestly don't love myself more so believe in myself.
>>
>>17366278

Pick ONE out of piano, art, and language. They are all activities that require half of your day if you seriously plan to accomplish ANYTHING by the end of summer.

Dance is separate because it's a fitness activity. What sort of dance are you looking to learn? You CAN learn quite a bit online if you are not looking to learn something that requires a partner. For example, break dancing simply requires learning moves. Sure, you chain them, but it's mostly drilling individual ones.
>>
>>17366307
I love piano though and dream to be great at it, but I really want to improve language. I don't have any irl teachers so I just learn by myself or through internet people on apps.

This is a hard choice.

With dance, I want to learn b-boying/break dancing since theres alot of songs I want to learn to dance to. I guess I can learn some online.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.