[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /adv/ I'm not from this board but I thought this would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: kermit the frog.jpg (4 KB, 167x250) Image search: [Google]
kermit the frog.jpg
4 KB, 167x250
Hey /adv/ I'm not from this board but I thought this would probably be the best place to ask this. Any survival tips, for someone who just ordered a ticket to go to a state in a few months. Like literally dropped off with probably a weeks worth of cloths and a laptop, in hopes that I will "make it"?? I'm planning on staying on putting a roof over my head by staying in 24/7 fedex offices and showering with a gym membership. Are there better alternatives?
>>
So do you have any money or are we talking blank slate here? What state? Are you going to be in a major city? What is "making it" to you?
>>
>>17366068

It's going to suck, and then you will run home or end up in a homeless shelter.
>>
>>17366068
Get a library card while you can. You can look for a job easier on the net.

Keep all your identifications with you safely.

Look for a job asap. I mean be FILO shit with your grind.
>>
Good luck OP
>>
>>17366068
You NEED a backpack. I've done what you are planning to do and you're going to wind up begging. Cardboard and sharpie to ask for food with. Guitar if you want to feel better about it and have musical talent. Fuck gym memberships, you will need a legit place to live if you plan on getting hired by anybody, period. If you can't afford anything, use the homeless shelter's address as the address where you live; it's better than "street corner x, sleeps under overpass" and it's really a much better idea to stay in said homeless shelter. Do not camp alone; that's just begging to get robbed, mugged, etc. If you happen to have or get money somehow, look for sublets on Craigslist and get one until you manage to "make it." And be damn sure that the job you get is one you enjoy or "making it" won't be worth it at all.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.