[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
That feel when I got 6 likes on my profile photo while I just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: utopia.jpg (64 KB, 510x397) Image search: [Google]
utopia.jpg
64 KB, 510x397
That feel when I got 6 likes on my profile photo while I just checked 1 random guy in my friends list and he gets like 100 on each of his. It's not a matter of looks either, as I know I'm
attractive and girls on tinder like me. My photo isn't cringy either, just a normal selfie, I've seen far more strange or cringy ones getting dozens of likes.

I know this is le facebook problem and hurr get a life and who cares about facebook dude durr xD, but it hurts a bit.
I have over 3 times fewer facebook friends than him though, around 150, and am basically never active - don't like photos, comment, give birthday wishes and all that shit. To what extent does it influence it?
How can I mend my ego? Should I just delete it as I'm basically a pariah and a statistical deviation anyway? To be honest I don't want to, I'd just like to be a normal member of society, at least to the degree that suits me.
>>
>>17365988
Stop attaching like points to how you feel/value yourself as a person.

Delete it, or not. It's a non-issue.
>>
Don't worry, you'll get over it.

After all, you won't be 16 forever.
>>
dude i have 10 friends right now and i dont give a shit
>>
>>17365988
>I rarely use the product
>When I do, I never acknowledge other people or engage with the product at all
>Why doesn't anyone notice me?

It's a mystery.
>>
>>17366008
I kinda don't, on the other hand I kinda do. I mean it's not like it's that big of a deal but I'd like to be more popular.
as you can guess I'm not your typical social beast: I'm more of an introverted type with some unusual interests and have not been very social. I've been trying to change the latter though and I'm going to continue doing so I guess.

>>17366018
yeah the thought that it may be mainly that makes me feel better
>>
>>17366053
It's the same thing if this happened IRL. Let's say you and Mr. 100 Likes Guy are in the same room together. He's walking around chatting with everyone, being outgoing and fun, life of the party. You're standing in the corner looking at your phone, not talking to anyone. Mr. 100 Likes Guy is way more popular than you, because he's making an effort to stand out and be noticed. He's showing people that he is someone worth engaging with.

You're not doing that IRL or online, and surprise! No one cares about you.

You need to overhaul how you socialize in both arenas.
>>
>>17366057
>>17366057
Yeah that's true. I've been getting myself more out le there for some time already, IRL I mean.
>>
>>17365988
>My photo isn't cringy either, just a normal selfie, I've seen far more strange or cringy ones getting dozens of likes.
What's your friend's picture like? Professional photos tend to get more likes.
>>
>>17366057
Shut the fuck up.
I never get many likes on facebook, like OP. Does fb likes equate to being a shut in or not worth engaging IRL? Fuck no, that's the fucking cultural indoctrination speaking.

Am well respected by a lot of people and have people around me IRL that like to converse and spend time with me.

Don't listen to this shit. Real people don't give a shit about Facebook likes and it does not have to define your self worth. Go out and place yourself in social situations and engage people, but stay true to yourself and your values and don't try to be something you are not. People will respect guys/gals who are down to earth and have personal integritet. Maybe it won't give you more likes than the surface-level memery, but who cares in the end?

Fb is very much a fabricated reality where the people who can stage a flashy or pretty image will get the attention. It's a nice tool to catch up with friends and family, have study groups, etc. but please don't get caught up in that game. It is the spirit of the age, but I surely believe it can be toxic and distort a lot of peoples image of themselves and others.
>>
>>17366315
*integrity
>>
>>17365988
Look outside, I know that you'll recognize,
It's summertime~
>>
>>17366078
No man, just a regular photo. I'm not talking about single photo anyway, all his pictures have 100's of likes, including shitty lens distortion selfies. It's not his looks either, he's decent looking but so am I. I'm not even talking about single person, he's just an example: most people have those numbers of likes on their every photo. 30-100 is a standard.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.