[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does it seem like I always have nothing to talk about ? it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: Crying-Frog-Meme-16.jpg (210 KB, 600x583) Image search: [Google]
Crying-Frog-Meme-16.jpg
210 KB, 600x583
Why does it seem like I always have nothing to talk about ? it's not about social anxeity, even with people who are close to me ( friends - family ) I have nothing to talk about, it's just awkward silence or talking about stupid shit to evade awkward silence.
>>
>>17365851
Better to be silent than talking about useless shit

I mean, I was like you, I was worried I had nothing to say. That was because I had nothing light hearted to say and I would rather talk about something interesting.

I learned that being silent is often the way to go. Only talk when you have something important to say. At most, I have one conversation per week with my acquaintances, usually about school and to catch up. Those are for maintenance rather than winning impressions.
>>
No, beeing serous doesnt work. If you wanna be miserable and alone for the rest of your life go and do what you do but if you want to talk with people and i assume you want that , otherwise you wouldnt post this here, listen practice the golden rule
<make an observation about a shitty think in your enviromnent,then ask shitty dump questions. After that start feeding the conversation with more questions etc. Its better with people even when you talkk about useless shit
>>
>talking about stupid shit to evade awkward silence
It's 99% of all talks on this globe, just git gud at at repressing the void.

Also this 1% happens sometimes and changes lots for you.
>>
>>17365851
Most small talk is about nothing, because the purpose of small talk is NOT the exchange of information, but the comfort and pleasure of sitting together being friendly. The topic is just an excuse for chatting and the chatting just an excuse for hanging out. So silence can be a full contribution.

But if you mean you don't know anything about anything and thus have nothing to say, here's a plan. Buy a good big-city newspaper everyday - or at least every Sunday - and read it from cover to cover - everything, including the sections you're not interested in. Since most small talk is about the news or sports or TV or gossip, you'll know at least a little about any subject.
>>
>>17365991
This.

Don't feel bad anon, it's like that for normalfags as well.
>>
>>17365851
Well, just try to remember the last time you tried to talk about something and the following answers.
It's positive/negative reinforcement.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.