[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Afraid of intimacy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (695 KB, 706x706) Image search: [Google]
image.png
695 KB, 706x706
I'm a female in my early twenties and I've never had sex. It's not my appearance or personality that's caused that, I'm just so scared of being emotionally vulnerable during sex. I've been with my current boyfriend for a while now and I'm worried that he is ready for that sort of relationship. How do I open up to him and not feel terrified whenever he brings up sex? Also, I'm noting that I've never been abused and had a happy childhood. Pic Unrelated.
>>
>scared of being emotionally vulnerable

Can you elaborate?
>>
>>17364873
Sure, I feel very guarded of my feelings and I don't want to get attached to people.
>>
>>17364886
Not even your boyfriend? Huh.
>>
Sex in itself is not going to make you attached. I didn't have sex for the first time until I was 23. I think that if you think of sex as more than just a fun activity to do with someone you care about it can really weigh on you emotionally. My advice is to just wait until you feel ready. There's not really a way I can think of that you can push yourself to that point.
>>
>>17364886

So why are you in a relationship? Why do you even have a boyfriend?
>>
>>17364900
We haven't been together for THAT long. Less than 3 months. I don't think it's healthy to 100% emotionally dedicate yourself to someone so early, even if you are both exclusive.
>>
>>17364897
I think my issue is that I give sex too much value. Maybe I'm just thinking of it as more than it is. Thanks a lot for your input!
>>
>>17364914
Fair enough, but you might want to give him some forewarning, unless he's fine with abstinence and never brings it up
>>
>>17364914

That's not the issue, or why I brought it up - if you don't want to get attached to people, why are you trying to get attached to someone?
>>
>>17364919
He has only brought it up twice. We were both raised religiously, so I don't think he would be totally surprised if I told him I wanted to wait.
>>
>>17364924
It's not that I don't ever want to get attached to anyone, as I am quite close with my family, I'm just reluctant to do so and scared when confronted with the possibility of doing so. That's why I made this post.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.