[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I recently started flossing since my dentist told me I had cavities
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1384236056824.jpg (12 KB, 212x238) Image search: [Google]
1384236056824.jpg
12 KB, 212x238
I recently started flossing since my dentist told me I had cavities but it's a real pain in the ass.

Any tips on flossing? How not to waste so much floss? How to get the back teeth easier?
>>
Start with your back wisdom teeth and gradually work your way to the front teeth. Make sure when you floss your front teeth that you work around your gums.
>>
Think of the floss as a scrub, not a pick. Don't just pop it in and out from between your teeth, pull it against the tooth and rub up/down then side to side. Be sure to wipe the floss every so often to clean it off as you're going. Eventually you'll notice what teeth collect plague the worst and can mainly just focus on them. Floss BEFORE you use mouthwash, and if you want also before you brush. Don't leave it for last or half the shit you floss out will stay in your mouth.

To get to the back of the mouth you really just have to mess around with it in your fingers till you find what's most comfortable for your hand/mouth size. You could also get dental flossong picks, which make flossing stupid easy.

If you have a little cash, water jet flossers feel and work great, if maybe a little pricey for floss.

Also, that gross smell on the floss is the bacteria that's eating away at your enamal. If you want a good once time to keep flossing, give that shit a good wiff because that's probably what others can smell you your breath if it's bad enough.

Twice a day, at least. Take good care of that mouth m8, tooth pain is some of the most irritating there is to live with.
>>
>>17365127
*a good incentive to keep flossing
>>
>>17365127

+1 to this.

>Went on a work assignment for a month and didn't have much access to clean water or dental supplies
>Tooth decay progressed into the root
>Flight back home was 16 hours of the worst pain you could ever imagine
>Worse than getting shot or stabbed because your adrenaline won't kick in to dampen the pain

Floss and brush every single fucking day. Would you prefer 5 minutes of your day maintaining good dental health, or working for weeks with severe pain trying to scrape together the money for a root canal.

Make sure to scrape your tongue too.
>>
>How not to waste so much floss?
floss once a week
no one will be able to tell the difference
no one
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.