[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ever since he cheated on me, whenever I see any girl my self
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 1468444581154.jpg (98 KB, 640x628) Image search: [Google]
1468444581154.jpg
98 KB, 640x628
Ever since he cheated on me, whenever I see any girl my self esteem plummets and I want to cry. How the fuck do I go back to normal
>>
Things will probably never go completely back to the way they were before. Either you can live with that or you can't
>>
>>17364648

You still together with him?
>>
>>17364657
I meant my self esteem.
>>
>>17364660
I know what you meant
>>
>>17364658
Yes.
>>
sorry anon sometimes life is a bowl of feces.
>>
>>17364679

If he's a good boyfriend other than the cheating then look at it this way: you're the girlfriend of a guy that other women want to fuck. There must be a lot that is good and desirable about you.

Besides, guys are animals, we need some strange pussy once in a while. It doesn't necessarily mean anything, it's like eating.
>>
>>17364679
If you stay with a cheater, you're a pathetic fucking moron who doesn't deserve help. The reason your self esteem is shit isn't because he cheated on you, it's because you're too much of a spineless doormat to leave him.

As soon as he gets bored of you, you'll just find another dude like him who values you for nothing more than what's between your legs, and your continued acceptance of that will cause this to become a reality, making you effectively worth nothing more than that.

But I want to thank you, because pathetic stupid girls with daddy issues like you drive down the price of pussy.

Enjoy your life.
>>
>>17364648
Find more important factors to define your self worth.

Also why the fuck are you still with him?
>>
>>17364697

This is a horrible attitude
>>
>>17364705

Maybe, but it's also one that accurately models reality.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1468386514469.jpg (42 KB, 960x685) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1468386514469.jpg
42 KB, 960x685
>>17364701
I JUST SAID MY SELF ESTEEM IS HORRIBLE RIGHT NOW HOW SHITTY DO YOU HAVE TO BE TO KICK A PERSON WHILE THEYRE DOWN
>>
>>17364720

'no'
>>
>>17364721

Based OP!
>>
Hey op so your self esteem is gonna stay real low if you stay with him. My ex cheated on me the first year we were dating because he thought I cheated on him(I didn't) and he needed to feel better about it, or at least that's what he told me when I found out. We broke up and then ended up back together. We stayed together for 3 more years. He didn't trust me and I didn't trust him, but we convinced ourselves we could get past it. I was miserable without even knowing it. I got severely depressed and was constantly thinking that any girl he would talk to he was just gonna sleep with because she was better looking than me. We finally broke up in March... It sucked for a bit don't get me wrong I did love him, which is why we tried for so long. But it was never the same. But anyway now that it's been a few months and I've been on my own, I am so much happier. I never even knew I was so miserable until we weren't together anymore. My self esteem isn't where it was before him, but it's definitely so much better now than it was when I was with him. You're gonna stress yourself out being with him, I actually feel healthier from not being stressed anymore. I mean this is just my experience so you know the situation better than anyone else. Just don't think you can do more than you can handle when it comes to this. You'll waste a lot of time with someone who doesn't deserve it.
>>
>>17364702
Been with him for 3 years. Loved him for 6. Was planning on moving in with each other by next summer
>>
>>17364720
It's really not. Who hurt you?
>>
OP, your feelings won't change until you leave the relationship. This endless cycle of self-hate and envy won't end until you choose to love and value yourself, by not giving him the power over you.
He didn't respect you enough in the relationship and the possibility it could happen again will slowly eat at you for as long as you can bear the misery.
Break up, spend time with friends who will reaffirm for you just how special and valuable you are and learn to love yourself again.
He didn't cheat on you because you're ugly or stupid, he didn't cheat on you because those girls are prettier or funnier, he did it because he could and didn't care about your feelings enough to stop himself. If he doesn't care about you, you shouldn't care about him. Close those feelings off and go be the best you that you can be.
I love and believe in you, OP.
>>
>>17364701
>The reason your self esteem is shit isn't because he cheated on you
No, no and no. His cheating was only a catalyst for her shitty self esteem to manifest again.

>As soon as he gets bored of you, you'll just find another dude like him who values you for nothing more than what's between your legs, and your continued acceptance of that will cause this to become a reality, making you effectively worth nothing more than that.
This is pretty close to correct though.

>>17364740
I can see OPs life playing out like this.

>>17364741
Yeah, you spend a lot time and emotion on him ... but is this a good enough reason to stick with somebody who doesn't care about your trust? How did you find out, did he at least have the decency to tell you?

If he cheated on you once and you're still together, there is no reasons for him, not to cheat again ... which can work perfectly fine in a semi open relationship where both partners have enough self esteem to deal with it, but that's clearly not your thing.

If you stay with him, the next time will only hurt more, which will make it easier for him, etc, etc

>>17364769
Based post yo
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.