[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ear Problem
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: tinnitus shutterstock_60506035.jpg (616 KB, 2160x1440) Image search: [Google]
tinnitus shutterstock_60506035.jpg
616 KB, 2160x1440
I've had Tinnitus for the last 4-5 months and while its slowly normalized to be barely noticeable, something weird has happened to my right ear.

Normally when I speak the sound is balanced. However when I "hum" with my mouth shut, its noticeably louder on the inner part of my right ear and it feels like the sound is slightly vibrating back inward. Any idea what could be the issue?

I tried ear drops to cleanse ear wax and for two days straight it was fine, but then it quickly reverted and now the drops no longer work. The ringing has also slightly intensified in the right ear.
>>
Anyone?
>>
Any of these sounds match it? Which sounds the closest?

http://www.hearing.nihr.ac.uk/public/auditory-examples-sounds-of-tinnitus
>>
>>17364276
Closest would be sound 11 and even then its a lighter/higher pitch and isn't remotely as loud as any of them.

The tinnitus is in both ears but the right ear has become noticeably worse in the last two weeks as well as that issue in my OP where when I hum with mouth closed, it sounds like the sound is "vibrating" in the inner/lower part of my ear.
>>
>>17364019
Probably its part of the hearing damage that caused your tinnitus. I have the same thing, my left ear is much more sensitive to bass then my right.
>>
Not IP but for me the noise is a bit like "eeeeeeeeeee", annoying but not too loud and a bit high pitched. When I first got it a few months ago I did some research and basically if it doesn't fade after a week or two you have it forever. It came with a sinus infection for me, so going to an ENT (ear nose throat doctor) would probably be a good idea. There's also doctors who specifically work with ear or audio diseases I think, but an ENT would probably be able to diagnose it if it's not anything actually serious
>>
>>17364286
Is it kind of like the 'mosquito' noises?
http://plasticmind.com/ears/mosquito-tone-or-how-to-tell-youre-a-youngun/
>>
>>17364295
Its like a slightly lighter version of 11Khz but yes that is pretty identical, just lower sounding. Why?
>>
>>17364292
Issue is this only appeared two weeks ago. Up until then it was fine and no bass sensitivity. I planned to go to a doctor but no point if there is little he can do.
>>
>>17364302
Sounds like tinnitus to me, but if there is a field or something very far from you, go stand in it and do it. See if it happens. Once I was being driven thinking I had tinnitus and I didn't go outside for a few days. It was a mosquito noise and was driving me crazy. I went for a walk one day and it disappeared until I step into my home. Turned out it was my neighbour who installed a vermin/small animal sonic squeal device or whatever the heck they are.
>>
>>17364317
No you see, I KNOW i have tinnitus. That isn't the problem. The problem is the sudden emergence of a bass vulnerability from my internal hummings with my mouth closed. Its a bit annoying and wondering if a visit to my family doctor is worth investigating if it may be something else.
>>
>>17364321
It does sound like it is from the tinnitus. Go see your doctor.
>>
>>17364331
Alright then I will. Thanks anon.
>>
>>17364019
You ought to get the doc involved.
We brushed off a clog in my ear about a year ago with uclogging stuff, just to have it grow into a full-blown infection with tinnitus.
Then I bounced through a few other docs to find out that I have a skin-growth inside my ear that will have to be surgically removed.
None of this would need to have happened had I gone sooner.

Don't fuck around.
>>
I second the advice to go see an ENT about it, but I want to mention an odd experience of mine that may have some relevance. Sometimes after being dehydrated or drinking, I'll have a weird effect whereby everything sounds... robotic. Music sounds out of tune, my voice sounds buzzy and echo-y to me, and it's really quite maddening. It's only happened maybe 5 times in the last year, with no spell lasting longer than 2 hours, but it's pretty weird when it happens.

I looked up info on it and apparently a common treatment is antibiotics. I would have thought the better treatment would have been a decongestant or anti-inflammatory drug.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.