[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I believe I am mentally disabled because I neglected a part of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 1466121676179.gif (997 KB, 500x475) Image search: [Google]
1466121676179.gif
997 KB, 500x475
I believe I am mentally disabled because I neglected a part of my life where it was crucial for me to attempt to understand and challenge my brain.

For the first 13 years I was a complete little shit.

I refused to do school work and anything that mentally challenged me.

At this point im 19 and I've completely given up home for me to learn anything new.

I have no true passion, I get EASILY discouraged and I always forget a information while in the process of learning that subject. And when I say forget I mean I'm talking about chapters upon chapters.

Medication is out of the question too because if there was a medication that improved/helped peoples memories, then why wouldn't everyone take it?

Is there really any hope for me?

I've just considered to completely give up on my dream on getting a degree in CS/CE.

And to clarify on how retarded I am. I just BARELY past high school and I should had been held back at least 4-5 times but somehow didn't.

I have tried studying for short bursts such as 15 min three times a day for a couple days and I still fail tests. I study for hours and still fail tests

Summary:

I believe I have a learning disability and I have no way to work around it. Please help
>>
You are thinking too much about the past which is why you cannot focus on the present or member stuff. Start off creating a hello world program. Then try simple operations. Better yet go on codecademy. You can repeatedly do exercises until you are master programmer. Good luck.
>>
See if you have a learning disability and maybe try to get ADHD or ADD medication. That might help but removing ingrained habits will take a lot of will power and won't just happen immediately. Your still young so you could go to trade school and learn something more hands on and still make great pay. If your still going to stick with your major see what languages are taught in the introductory course, get a few books and try to learn it over the summer. If you can't do that you might want to reevaluate what exactly you want to do. But saying I'm lazy, I can't do the work is a self fulfilling prophecy and if you don't want to do the work it's a lot easier to just not do it instead of biting the bullet. Even if u have a learning disability medication can only do so much, so you gotta really give it your all these next few years if you don't want to flip burgers for the rest of your life. Hope that was helpful
>>
>>17364334
Yeah, it was. Thank you.

>>17364131
Thank you too.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.