[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does one stop comparing ones life to others?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1468256958448.jpg (24 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1468256958448.jpg
24 KB, 300x300
How does one stop comparing ones life to others?
>>
IF YOU COMPARE YOURSELF TO OTHERS AND YOU FEEL BAD ABOUT YOURSELF AFTERWARDS THEN MY ANSWER IS:
Idk man. I have this running joke with my family and friends where occasionally I'll sarcastically throw in the fact that I'm flawless or better than everyone. It's gotten to the point where I started believing that I'm actually superior.
I don't (negatively) compare myself to others because that's fucking stupid. There are millions of people who are stronger, smarter, nicer, more attractive than you and I. But what exactly does sitting there, dwelling on how these people are better than I am change?Nothing. So get over it. You've probably got a mental disorder or two that causes you to compare yourself to others. There's not much that you can change about that except possibly taking medication.
Realize that nobody is perfect, and that everyone has problems. And that no matter when it is, how old you are, how great you look, how much money you have, you'll always have problems. So don't envy others just because they have something you don't. They have other problems that you very likely don't have nor will have to deal with.
Also keep in mind that you can't change your personality. You are, who you are. And you shouldn't really want to change like that anyway.

IF YOU COMPARE YOURSELF TO OTHERS AND JUST FEEL BAD ABOUT DOING IT BECAUSE WHATEVER THEN MY ANSWER IS:
Who cares
Like honestly whatever.
Get over it.
>>
>>17363828
>But what exactly does sitting there, dwelling on how these people are better than I am change?Nothing.
exactly. it doesn't change anything. other than the fact that other people know there is someone better out there. you know it, everyone knows it. no point in trying if you know everyone else is going to see you as the 2nd, 3rd etc.
>>
File: image.jpg (179 KB, 700x1413) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
179 KB, 700x1413
>>
You can never really understand whats going on with someone else. Their life might seem accomplished/perfect to you, but they could be unhappy with it. Really, it's all perspective.
>>
Celebrate your achievments and surround yourself with people who celebrate them with you
>>
>>17363828
By learning not to give a fuck and flow with the consciousness that God/the universe/whatever gave as a gift to you. Live life, work towards a selfless long term goal, and help others around you. And be happy with where you are in this journey :)
>>
>>17363828
Just be contented with your own life. If you like sitting around and watching netflix, awesome. If you like going outdoors on hikes, awesome.
>>
>>17364773
>with people who celebrate them with yo
who the fuck does hthis? i've never met anyoen that does this
>>
>>17364870
You missed out
>>
>>17364922
i know. ive missed out on a lot fo things
>>
Thanks lads
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.