[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Found Phone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 1468682886273611690600.jpg (3 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
1468682886273611690600.jpg
3 MB, 2560x1920
I found a phone near the park and am trying to return it to it's rightful owner (since I'm a Muslim, it would be wrong to steal this device or anything else). It is locked and has no ICE contacts, smudges won't help to unlock it. I tried calling CRICKET who sent me to the manufacturer (KYOCERA) but they won't take a call because it's the weekend.

Other than waiting for someone to call, what can I do? I see they had their facebook open but nothing will be accessed without unlocking it. I'm bad with technology.

If this is any of y'all's phone, please say around where you lost it and what it was in. God bless.

Pic related, it is said phone.
>>
If someone can tell me the model of the phone it might help too.
>>
Where did you find it? If it was in a store premises, I'd give it to the store so the person could retrace their steps and find it. Or wait for someone to call I suppose. Also I'm not Muslim but I'd return the phone because I'm a decent human being
>>
>>17363528
Near a public park, and I thought I would be able to get into contacts after I charged it but then I saw it was locked.

I'm just being cheeky about the Muslim thing.
>>
I guess I could put up a sign by where I found it but I think they'd try calling first? The phone was dead when I found it.
>>
>it would be wrong to steal this device or anything else
good start

>since I'm a Muslim
ya blew it
>>
Could I use bluetooth somehow?

>>17363539
I'm being cheeky, let me be cheeky.
>>
>>17363537
If nothing else, you could give it to the police. They have a lost and found system that people sometimes contact as a last resort. I wouldn't leave it in the park, lots of people would just steal it
>>
>>17363517
It's the Kyocera Hydro AIR
http://androidcommunity.com/kyocera-hydro-air-is-one-affordable-waterproof-4g-lte-phone-20151021/
>>
>>17363543
Wouldn't that just be a hassle for when and if the owner calls?

>>17363546
Thanks
>>
>>17363517
Report the find to the local PD. It's entirely possible someone will go there to look for it.
>>
>>17363547
Not if you put that you delivered it to [Relevent Police Department] in the event that someone comes looking.
>>
>>17363558
Hmm good point, I guess I'll just start doing that and abandon if someone calls in the meanwhile. I'm in a first world country so the police inshallah won't steal it.
>>
>>17363558
Do you think the local fire department will take it? They're really close to that park and this is the US if it makes a difference.
>>
>>17363517
You can remove the sim card and put some other one in, contacts are stored in internal memory so you can access them, call the last number dialed or one dialed often and find out who the guy is
>>
>>17363594
I have an at&t sim will that still work?
>>
>>17363597
Idk, i dont know how american networks work, if its network locked i assume you have to put a card the same brand as the one its in it, if it is unlocked yours should work
>>
Phone returned, they finally called. Inshallah I wasn't tricked
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.