[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
does independence become failure?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: cameronfb.jpg (19 KB, 400x393) Image search: [Google]
cameronfb.jpg
19 KB, 400x393
At what point does independence become failure? Or does it not? I'm 24.
I like to do a lot of things on my own, not because I'm anti-social but because my interests are not within the interests of my friends.
I go to movies alone, I take road trips alone. I walk around the city alone, I go to music festivals alone. I haven't had a girlfriend in years, but I do have friends who are both guys and girls. Should I trade independent solitude for actually enjoying things my friends love so I'm always doing things on my own?
>>
Independence is never failure.

There is no reason you cannot have 2 groups of friends. Share your time equally between (1) the friends you have already and love, and (2) perhaps find one or two new friends who enjoy the same things as you. There are many ways to find local platonic friends online.
>>
Being lonely and being alone are two separate things dude. If you're happy as you are then you can stay there. Personal comfort and contentment is what a lot of people would kill for. I'm younger than you but I don't think I would trade my solitude away again. Tried hanging out with a few people but really my hobbies are not ones i can really share that easily and I'm ok with that. Friends are cool every now and then but I think they are highly overrated. You sound like a pretty successful individual to me
>>
>>17363309
>>17363358

I am happy most of the time. I love doing it. But sometimes I see other people who are having fun in groups and I wonder if I should be doing that too. I travel to all these places and photograph weird shit, or explore and hear new things, but at the end of the day I have nobody to share these things with. I make social media posts which attract some attention, but other than that I just have all this stuff that nobody else is aware of.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.