[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need to streamline my wardrobe.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: too-many-clothes.png (233 KB, 500x237) Image search: [Google]
too-many-clothes.png
233 KB, 500x237
I want to keep only what I need and get rid of everything else. I'm;-

>male
>unlikely to gain or lose any significant amount of weight for the next few years
>not even remotely /fa/

How many of the following do I need assuming I wash once or twice per week?

>Winter coat
>Medium coat
>Summer jacket (also my suit jacket)
>Jeans
>Trousers
>Pyjama tops
>Pyjama bottoms
>Vests/undershirts
>T-shirts
>Jumpers
>Collar and button shirts
>Boxers
>Pairs of socks
>>
>>17362591

*Wash my clothes once or twice a week
>>
>>17362591
>>Winter coat
>>Medium coat
>>Summer jacket (also my suit jacket)
1 (maybe 2)
>>Jeans
>>Trousers
>>Pyjama tops
>>Pyjama bottoms
>>Vests/undershirts
>>T-shirts
>>Jumpers
>>Collar and button shirts
>>Boxers
>>Pairs of socks

Start with erasing everything you don't use and does not fit you anymore.
Get ride of broken items, things with holes or rips in them.
Get rid of items that doesn't color match the main items you got left.
>>
>>17362610
I'd buy some more t-shirts - they're very versatile and you can look clean and nice with a t-shirt and a pair of chinos.
And another pyjama.
>>
>17362591
>Winter coat
Just one, make sure you buy a durable one for your kind of climate, ideally you'd use this one for multiple winters.

>Medium coat
Two, since you don't want to wear the same coat every day (durability & variation)

>Summer jacket (also my suit jacket)
Wouldn't know this one for you but I only buy 1 each summer and always make sure it lets through wind well so you cool off.

>Jeans
>Trousers
You can wear jeans 2 days in a row, 3 max for hygene so I'd say go with 4/5 pairs a week?
2 light colors, 2 dark colors and a neutral color
I'd say 1 or 2 more trousers since they get dirty quicker, but I don't know what your 'clothing routine' is.

>Pyjama tops
>Pyjama bottoms
I don't have a pyjama myself because I think it's uncomfortable as fuck so I wouldn't know your choice but I'd guess one of each should do it..

>Vests/undershirts
2/3 vests, light/dark/neutral colors again, undershirts 4 pieces, 2 light 1 black 1 neutral

>T-shirts
I have like 10, don't buy shirts with prints, only basic colors or very subtle patterns.
Buy good quality shirts, it's so fucking worth it.

>Jumpers
Wouldn't know.

>Collar and button shirts
2/3 each, again light/dark color variation

>Boxers
>Pairs of socks
Better have a clean pair everyday bud
>>
There are people who live with the clothes on their back and a backpack's worth of stuff. There are people who have kardashian-sized walk in closets and go shopping every weekend. My point being, there is no "magic number", OP. It depends entirely on your lifestyle, how much you sweat/roll around in mud/whatever, etc.

But I suppose there are some things I can assume. Your only limiting factor is socks and underwear, since of course you only get one wear out of those before washing. Personally, I get as many of those as possible since they don't take up much space and it fucking sucks to run out if you get too busy for laundry. Other than that, try googling "capsule wardrobe for men", it might help ya out
>>
Can someone make a girl version of this (so including dresses, skirts, etc)? I want to dress well, but also I would rather have a low number of high quality items than shit I feel meh about and have to keep switching around.
>>
My wardrobe for a month, washing once a week

>1 winterparka
>0 summer coat because who wears a coat in summer
>7 expensive well-fitting basic tshirts
>2 jumpers
>3 undershirts
>5 pairs tailored jeans
>2 trousers (work from home most of the time)
>2 Pairs of shoes (Light blue leather pair of men shoes and pair of sneakers)
>2 hoodies, 2 vests, 2 sweaters
>15 pairs of socks/boxers

Also I sometimes wear a grey baseball cap
>>
>>17362657
again, google "capsule wardrobe". The resources for girls on the subject are much better because of course girls fuckin love planning out outfits and shit

But yeah, there is no easy number, and with girls it REALLY depends on personal preference and lifestyle. There are no rules--you can look good wearing the same dress every day with different accessories if you want to.
>>
>>17362639
>>17362695
^this anon here, let me give some more useless/non quantitative advice before I get off my high horse:

The reason I keep going "it's different for everyone" etc etc is because, well, it is. If you follow someone else's plan, it may work quite well, but I guarantee you there will be some redundancies, and some things you feel are missing. What really needs to be done is a lot of self assessment:

>what is your lifestyle? Do you go to class? work in an office? go to bars? go to concerts? play dnd in your mom's basement? hang out outside? work out?
>Look at your closet right now. What have you worn in the last six months? What have you bought THINKING you would wear it all the time, and barely touched?
>How comfortable are you wearing a shirt a second time without washing it? How many wears can you get out of a single pair of jeans? (most people don't need more than one pair of jeans, btw)
>what do you go for time and time again? Ex: I have like five pairs of summer shoes, but almost every day I go for my fucking birkenstocks over some cute sandals or heels, because they're comfy as shit and that's what I prioritize.

and, above all else: quality over quantity
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.