[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just found out that my boyfriend of a year lied to me about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: ashoo.jpg (17 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
ashoo.jpg
17 KB, 640x480
I just found out that my boyfriend of a year lied to me about his ex's name both last and first name. I also found out that he texted his friend that he was still in love with her, three months ago. Meanwhile my boyfriend knows about all of my exs truthfully and he makes sure im not in contact with him or any other boys which i abide to. I also saw that his block list on his phone was clear vs mine being full of people he asked me to block, we agreed to this mutually. I am fucking furious. Things have been going really well for us these past few months, now I feel blind-sighteted.How should I proceed?
>>
>>17362425
Break up with him, depress about it for a few weeks, then realize that not everyone is meant to be together and you'll just find someone else until you meet the right one
>>
>>17362425
you thought they were going well but they never were. You were betrayed and must decide if you want someone that will treat you like this. From experience you should get out.
>>
>>17362442
I sacrificed so much for him, and respected all his boundaries. I feel so played. Are there really people out there that wont do this to me?
>>
>>17362447
What was your experience ? did you go through something similar?
>>
>>17362451
Confront him before breaking up at least
>>
>>17362449
Yes
What you have to understand that things have to get worse before they can get any better, that's how life works.
You gotta get up, dust yourself off and show that you can prevail
>>
>>17362454
I will. He's asleep next to me. I'm so mad I want to wake him up, but he deserves his sleep at least. I haven't slept yet. I took some sleep pills but I still cant fall asleep, I'm so upset. Should I sleep on this before confronting him?

>>17362460
This behavior feels all so familiar.. I sacrifice so much for people but get betrayed in return. I feel like there is no real love in this world because of this.
>>
>>17362449
Yes there are. There are both men and women who are full of shit, there are a lot of them who are decent.
Count yourself lucky though, I've been cheated on by my ex gf with her ex. At least you found the lies out in time.
>>
>>17362464
That's what tends to happen, good people get abused by shit people
Eventually you'll learn to see through people's bullshit and bail before it gets worse
Things will get better in time, if you keep on trying
>>
>>17362470
This hurts more than the time I found my ex in bed with another woman, but I'm not sure why.. Maybe I was able to forget all feelings for that ex because of his extreme actions. I wish I could put my emotional walls up again!

>>17362477
I'm so afraid of trying again, I didn't date for a few years because of being cheated on and when I finally did again it happened again! You're right though, bailing is the best option now.
>>
File: Hermaphrodite500.jpg (88 KB, 500x396) Image search: [Google]
Hermaphrodite500.jpg
88 KB, 500x396
>>17362464
>>
>>17362481
Confront him, and have a talk. With time, you will feel better.
>>
>>17362487
There's real love in the world. People are just too selfish sometimes or too stupid to realize they're being selfish. Don't give up. There are good people out there. *
>>
>>17362464
Wake him up with a blowjob, don't finish it, bite his balls.
>>
>>17362487
i like this painting what made you think of it?

>>17362490
I want to believe this! Maybe I have not found my person yet.. that is what I wish to believe..
>>
>>17362481
>I'm so afraid of trying again
I can see where you're coming from
I haven't had a single relationship in my entire life and my self-confidence has suffered so much that I'm afraid of trying again because I don't want to get hurt
But there is no other option, laying in state and waiting for death brings no rewards
>>
>>17362481
Both of them betrayed your trust. I think you feel yourself worse because it happened again. Don't give up though. There are a lot of people out there who would love you to pieces and be happy they've got you.
>>
>>17362500
i dont know man, relationships are nice as long as you don't attatch yourself. I care too much,I think that's my problem. I was going to move in with this guy in a few months and now I want nothing more than to be alone in my own apartment drinking, watching animu and browsing 4chan. Although I could be bitter, I hope you find a relationship that helps you feel happy soon.

>>17362505
Do you really think someone could be happy to be with me? I feel so worthless at this point. I guess I gotta take your word for it, thank you.
>>
>>17362510
Thanks, I hope you'll find someone who isn't a dickbag
>>
>>17362515
I hope that exists for me anon! thank you!
>>
>>17362520
There's someone out there for everyone
>>
>>17362425
You should proceed away from him. Immediately.
>>
>>17362523
I hope you are right

>>17362524
Yeah I suppose that is ultimately the obvious course of action. it sucks! is there any brightside to this?
>>
>>17362527
I am right, the problem is that sometimes their paths just don't meet and they'll never know how much they needed each other
But don't let that discourage you
>>
>>17362532
uh oh! how can I make sure my path does cross with such a person?
>>
>>17362527
>Yeah, you'll find someone better who's not an arrogant overbearing lying controlling asshole and you two will be able to look back and mock this one.
~My wife

As for me, yes there is. You learned a valuable lesson. You've learned what to look for in a guy. You've learned what signs to not just ignore because "we're going so smoothly."

Be honest. Be up-front. Know what you need in a man and what you want in a man. Know what you can offer a man in return. Relationships are partnerships. 50/50. There's shit you're good at. There's shit he's good at. Between the two of you, you should be able to take on the world.
>>
>>17362510
Why do you think you are the worthless?
Did you do something wrong?
Being betrayed wrong make anyone worthless. It's only a sign that your bullshit meter needs some fine tuning. Don't feel worthless, you have no reason to.
>>
>>17362540
Thank you to you and your wife.
I bet I will start feeling better if I renforce this as this as a lesson to be learned.

>>17362542
I just feel worthless because I respected this guy so much and I didn't get the same respect in the end. I didn't even get the respect of learning about this until months later. I feel like all my efforts to be a good girlfriend have been wasted on lies. Not a good feel.
>>
>>17362539
There is no way to be absolutely sure
All you can do is jump in head first and hope for the best, because everything in life is unexpected
>>
>>17362547
Everything in life is a lesson to be learned. Life is the pursuit of perfection we'll never attain but we'll get as close as possible, goddammit.

Think something like Nuclear Throne but on a wildly larger scale.
>>
A guy here. Drop the faggot or he will never respect you anyway.
/thread
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.