[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a perpetual jack of all trades
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (126 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126 KB, 1280x720
And I'm fucking lost. I know a little bit of "everything" and I can't fucking specialize. Throughout my life I've tried maybe 10 different sports and gotten to varying degrees of competencies in each. Ooh I swam for 5 years, let me try boxing. Oh boxing was fun but I wanna do BJJ. BJJ is cool but I'll play rugby now. I'll have different interests in fitness, art, learning languages (I'm semi-fluent in German and conversational in Spanish). In college i took classes in engineering, business, liberal arts, regular arts, cause I never knew what I wanted to "specialize" in. Professionally in the same way, I can be a little business savvy, a little creative, a little analytical, but I'm not "good" in any real domain.

I'm a jack of all trades, master of none, and i can't decide on anything to be really "good at"

There are people I've encountered who have had 1 interest since they were a kid, and now they're all in and never strayed from the path. One friend has a musical theater career he's been working towards from like age 7. Another was D1 athlete in a sport he's played his whole life and is now trying to go pro. One friend is at an elite law school cause he's been interested in politics and debate since he was like 12.

Are people like me useless? Will i ever be able to shine?
>>
OP, to me it sound like you're having a incredible life. You've tried all these different things most people don't get the chance and energy to. I envy you

>Are people like me useless? Will i ever be able to shine?

You're the opposite of useless, and I think other anons stuck on their basement or the same shitty job will have a similar opinion.

Now, if it's something YOU want to change, by all means, do it. Just pick one thing and stick with it. You'll get better at it, but it will probably become boring!
>>
Never shine. But people that can see from multiple angles are good. You sound well rounded and it's not a bad thing.
>>
>>17362339
I got as far as reading "I'm a perpetual jack of[f]"
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.