[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is living alone? I fucking hated living with 2 roommates
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1467960892495.jpg (2 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
1467960892495.jpg
2 MB, 4160x3120
How is living alone? I fucking hated living with 2 roommates so I'm finally starting to live alone in a month. Honestly I like being alone.

Can anyone share experiences?
>>
>>17362068
Well there's pro and cons.

Heres one of each lol.
I've lived alone for two years before i met my bf and well i liked it but i prefer someone to share, cleaning cooking and everything with. It can get pretty silence when you are all by yourself

Pro: you can walk around naked,

Cons: you're alone unless you make sure to write your friends and meet up
>>
Depends on the kind of person you are. I was fine living alone because I was disciplined with keeping up with chores, and didn't mind the solitude.

Some people struggle with the loneliness or let things pile up and it all goes to shit.
>>
I lived alone in dorms in college for a summer. Got real paranoid about being in the dark, occasionally really lonely because the campus was mostly deserted and I'm not very social. Otherwise it was great, tons of space, no surprise parties, music/videos aren't gonna wake anyone up/bother people in their bedrooms.

It was nice, but the loneliness fed into depression. Currently have one roommate and it's a really good friend. Mostly pretty great.
>>
>>17362080
I do the dishes immediately after dinner. I'll have to share the toilet and shower with a couple that's also living in the building, so we'll split up the cleaning for that.

>>17362081
>music/videos aren't gonna wake anyone up/bother people in their bedrooms

I look forward to this. My current roommate gets pissed when on weekends I "wake him up" at fucking 12 o'clock by putting on some music.
>>
I've lived alone for 2 and a half years;

The good;
No cleaning up after anyone else
No scabby housemates eating the last of something you wanted in the fridge
Clothes are always optional
If you have a bad day you can relax in peace and quiet

The bad;
It gets lonely if you don't keep yourself occupied, i work a lot and long hours so that helps me
Cooking for one can be annoying and I find myself making less satisfying meals because i have no one else to cook for unless a friend is over

If I had a partner I would happily live with them but I won't go back to housemates.
>>
>>17362092
How do you manage the meals? Do you cook like 800g of pasta for the next 3 days, and save that in the fridge or something?
>>
>>17362086
I mean, the difference in sound level for people in your suite vs people on another floor/in another unit is significant. I didn't assume you'd be in an apartment. I was in a mostly-empty dorm building.
>>
>>17362096
Lol. Phone fucked up and didn't show your full post.

But yeah, it's also nice if you have weird/extreme music tastes.
>>
>>17362096
Yeah pretty much, eat the same thing for dinner a few nights a week.
Sometimes freeze leftovers and then reheat when I can't be bothered cooking.
I've been eating a lot of salad lately to be a little healthier though, the problem with that is it's always a rush to eat all of the vegetables before they go bad.
>>
>>17362068
Living alone is the absolute best thing I ever did for myself. Fuck roomies.

I'm a very tidy person and I have asthma, so my house needs to be super clean. Having a slob roommate is a pain in the ass because they never do shit and get mad at you for overstepping their fucking laziness. I like silence when I go to sleep and not having to deal with anyone about where and how I go, who I bring home, how I keep the place and what I do with it.

If you feel alone just put on the tv or a podcast.
>>
I started living alone for the first time half a year ago. It was a little weird not sharing the space with anyone, especially at night, but I got used to it pretty quickly. As far as division of chores, I used to make a deal with my roommates: I cook, they clean. Now I need to do both, which took some getting used to. On that note, someone above mentioned making large batches of food. I do the same thing, now that I'm not splitting it with everyone. I'll make two to three day's worth of food all at once. It ends up being a lot cheaper, especially if you're cooking with meat and fresh vegetables. Also, the same positive parts that other posters have mentioned. Clothing optional, quiet when you want it. Plus, you don't have to deal with a roommate when you bring someone home.
>>
having roommates is pretty much the worst thing
>>
I lived alone for about a month at college, after both of my roommates dropped out, and while I appreciate being on my own, after so much time of always living with other people, I started going crazy a bit. I guess it takes some getting used to.
>>
I lived alone and with my brother. Alone was a lot of fun. I set up my space the way I wanted, had friends over and if I was alone at home I could literally spend an entire day naked.

But I much preferred living with my brother. We had a much nicer place and he always had friends over, over time they became my close friends as well. The only thing is I could hear him having sex through the walls. If I was single it would have been a nightmare but he most likely heard me and my gf at the time too.
>>
>>17362208
Agreed.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.