[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lesbians
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 550x309) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 550x309
>tfw reconnect with an online friend
>we hit it off well and she wants to date me
>before we get to meetup she has a manic episode and decides we're already girlfriends
>I'm pretty into her so I'm fine with this
>we finally get to see each other irl and it's pretty great
>she checks herself into a mental hospital a couple days later because she's having suicidal thoughts
Im trying to decide if I want to try and turn my feelings off or what; it looks like I'm just gonna end up getting hurt or something but I just feel very confused and sad that I can't talk to her at all for at least 3 days
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 400x395) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 400x395
Dating-wise I seem to attract or be most interested in mentally ill people; which is probably because I'm depressed myself; but I feel like being with someone more stable than myself would be healthier?

I like this girl; but she's REALLY into me, and I think breaking it off would hurt her feelings; and I don't want to break it off, I just feel unsure I guess

Tl;dr new girlfriend went to a mental hospital and I'm sad and want to vent
>>
>>17361601
get the fuck out. You don't sound like a normie but you also don't need this shit in your life. Trust me I've been there, sort it out now dude.
>>
>>17361605
You think so?
I've never been close or dated anyone who was bipolar like her but she usually has a really great handle on it; and she's a much better adult than I, self-sufficient, great professional job, etc
I've considered trying to end it a lot, but I don't want to just "get scared" because of a temporary thing.

What was your situation like anon?
>>
>>17361621
anon, sort it out, if you genuinely think you'll spend the rest of your life with this girl then work on it. The fact your posting this very question on 4chan means you're having doubts. Alarm bells are ringing. I was in your situation about a year ago, you love the girl, but there's nothing you can do to help her until she helps herself. It's a cliche but life is short bro, really short, It's hard but personally I'd walk away, live my life and be happy, you goal in life is to do what makes YOU happy, and you don't sound happy right now anon.
>>
>>17361637
Yeah I'd rather post here than talk to my friends about it; it makes me feel shitty honestly
Everything escalates so quickly; I mean we're already saying "I love you"

I'm not especially worried about HER mental illness; I just...idek
I guess I can ask if we can take this slower?

I just needed someone to talk to about this I guess
>>
>>17361658
>I mean we're already saying "I love you"
>'m not especially worried about HER mental illness

Don't be needy anon, you're better than that.
>>
File: image.jpg (137 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137 KB, 640x640
>>17361667
What do you mean?
She said " I love you" and I said it back
I do like a lot of attention but she's usually busy, and this week she's not been busy, just recovering
I probably am needy though....
>>
>>17361712
just kill yourself
and her too
>>
Mentally I'll gaybro here.

Look, if you are gonna do this, educate yourself on how to deal with someone with her disorder and stick with learning and growing with her.

Know that she is going to have relapses and they are NOT about you and you will have to set your feelings aside for her disorder.

Nothing is worse than warning someone upfront that you have a mental illness and being told 'its okay, you seem like you've got a handle on it and I'll love you through thick and thin!'only for your partner to fucking bail when they see how serious it is.

Either be there for her or don't but don't wishywashy with it as it will make her feel worse if you drag it out only to leave her when shit hits the fan.
>>
>>17361735
):
>>17361737
Yeah I don't want to be like that at all.
She's bipolar; do you know of any good resources I can check out to educate myself on being a good girlfriend?

I definitely DO NOT want to leave during a bad period; because I'd hate myself for during that (I don't want to leave at all, I'm just saying breaking it off during a period like this would be atrocious on my part)
I have chronic depression myself so I can understand and relate in someways; but even the way she deals with things is different; I'd have never taken myself to the hospital no matter how much I was hurting or selfharming

Having been together only a week; I'm still a bit surprised how much this is affecting me.
>>
>>17361591
In the famous words of James Jones, "Never eat in a place called Mom's, never play poker with a guy called Pop, and never fuck anyone crazier than you."
>>
>>17361591

>>/lgbt/
>>
No surprise OP, all homos are mentally ill. Either get a good dicking and fuck chicks on the side, or keep dating mentally ill people.
>>
>>17362333
That board is shit
>>17362353
Well, I'm not trying to date sick people; but I'm sick myself so like attracts like maybe
>>
>>17362328
Huh
Yeah
That makes sense.....she's usually fine so I guess the question is can I handle the crazy a few weeks out of the year, and I'd like to think that I CAN
But when you phrase it that way; I worry that we may exacerbate each other's problems....
>>17362333
It's a relationship problem, us being women is only a detail
>>
>>17361737
What he said, definitely what he said. :(
>>
>>17362328
Sound advice
>>
>>17362979
What's your story anon?
>>
>>17361591
>>she checks herself into a mental hospital a couple days later

NEVER STICK YOUR DICK IN CRAZY...
Wait...Nevermind
>>
File: 1305674194471.jpg (18 KB, 232x273) Image search: [Google]
1305674194471.jpg
18 KB, 232x273
>>17361591
>lesbian
>psycho
Oh wow, I am so surprised by this highly unusual turn of events...
>>
>>17363146
>>17363142
Fuck off
>>
>bump
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.