[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /adv/. The last year and a half has really taught me how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: Books.jpg (1 MB, 1230x1658) Image search: [Google]
Books.jpg
1 MB, 1230x1658
Hello /adv/. The last year and a half has really taught me how unusual my upbringing was, and I'm having a hard time fitting in to normal society. I grew up in a commune, and only really got a full dose of the outside world since moving to college, and frankly it's weird and scary.

How do I learn to be more normal, or at least learn to better relate to normal people? I'm tempted to drop out and go back to where I came from. I just have so much difficulty relating to people here.
>>
Bumping once before bed.
>>
>>17361515
What was it like on a commune?
>>
show interest in other people and their lives. ask them questions. share some of the differences you have in your upbringing.
>>
>>17361835
Personally liked it a lot more than where I am now. Less personal space, but it didn't feel as necessary. It felt like everyone was one team, rather than everyone for themselves. Lots of sharing.

Actually, on that note, that's one of the strangest things to me. People have locks on everything now, and even if someone has something they aren't using, it's still expected that everyone else would just leave it.
>>
>>17361842
I try, but I just feel like I'm from an entirely different planet.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.