[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it okay for a guy to wait for a girl to ask them out, or should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
Is it okay for a guy to wait for a girl to ask them out, or should the guy take the initiative?
>>
It doesnt matter who asks first. If you want to ask someone out just do it and dont make a drama
>>
File: Happy Dance.gif (597 KB, 400x367) Image search: [Google]
Happy Dance.gif
597 KB, 400x367
Don't hesitate.

"Faint heart never won fair maiden." (Shakespeare, I think)
>>
>>17360676
depends on what kind of guy you are and what kind of girl she is and how well you know each other

I'd ask a guy out if we were already really good friends and having a blast spending time together

but otherwise I leave the burden of proof on the guy, because he might just be lying to use me so it's up to him to show me his character.
>>
The guy should take initiative.
>>
>>17360676
It's ok if you want to wait.

Just expect the invitation to never come when she decides to get railed by chad instead
>>
Don't fucking wait. She won't take the initiative. She may give you signs she's interested but she won't make the first move.
>>
>>17360676

Man or woman, if you're interested, initiate.
>>
>>17360676
>Is it okay
It's not wrong in any moral sense. But it isn't a good strategy, because insisting that the guy make the first move is one of the most common anti-creeper heuristics out there. Maybe even THE most common. End result: if you wait for her to make the first move, you're going to be waiting a very long time, EVEN IF she is interested.
>>
>>17361030
>insisting that the guy make the first move is one of the most common anti-creeper heuristics out there

How does not making a move equate to being a creeper?
>>
>>17360676
she straight up will not make the first move unless you are amazing (you aren't) or she is super thirsty (she isn't).
>>
>>17360676
Doesn't matter desu. But everyone will say guy because unfortunately that's the social norm and girls are too fucking lazy or too much of a pussy to ask out the guy anyway. Or maybe the guy is the same way. The point is, it doesn't fucking matter. Just don't be lazy and don't be a pussy. So just ask them out regardless of what you have in between your legs. The end.
>>
If a guy wants to date a girl, he asks her out. If a girl wants to date a guy, she asks him out. Simple as that.
>>
>>17360676
Take the initiative, usually females wait for guys to take the lead.
>>
>>17360848
>up to him to show me his character

Phew, now everyone knows your character, dodged a bullet there.
>>
My wife had dated a lot of guys in her younger years. And she tells me I was the first to say 'I love you' first.
>>
>>17362296
Damn I'm sorry to hear that, pussy
>>
>>17362306
She said it was a good thing. I'm trying to tell OP that he should take the initiative. I was the first to say I love you first and I fucking married her.
>>
>>17361043
>How does not making a move equate to being a creeper?
The theory goes that if you're too scared to make the first move, that could be a sign of a number of forms of mental instability. Either that, or awkwardness born of not seeing women as anything but something to fuck. However it goes, the theory holds, a guy who isn't ready to make the first move isn't ready for sex.

This isn't why women started insisting that the guy make the first move. For centuries, it was simply considered socially unacceptable for the woman to move first: too forward and unladylike. But it IS why the practice has continued, even though the days of social unacceptability are long over: it's the most basic and efficient shit test there is. By itself it doesn't catch every creeper -far from it- but it's one tool that goes in almost every box.
>>
>>17362308
Well done, you married a slut. Hope you have a cuck fetish.
>>
>>17362308
idiot, she probably was telling all those guys before on their first date she loved them while she fucked or sucked them
>>
>>17360676
girls always ask me out and some I barely know so it's a surprise so I never gave it much thought to ask them
>>
>>17360878
>She won't take the initiative
wrong, she will if she is really into him, girls get impatient easily.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.