[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is law really that bad to go into? I'm currently in political
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 638x680) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 638x680
Is law really that bad to go into? I'm currently in political science but if law isn't good right now then political science looks bleak. Worse comes to worst, I get my masters in it and do something right?
>>
>>17360534

define 'bad' ?
>>
>>17360539
As far as job prospects. I hear that over half of lawyers hate their job and are in so much debt that they can't escape the career
>>
>>17360595

then id imagine yes. ask some lawyers though, not /b/.

look for discussion boards for people who are lawyers. they do exist, you'll just have to make an account
>>
>>17360534
If you want personal experiences from a bunch of lawyers, I'd say go to reddit, it's much more (for better or worse) specific in subcategories. I'm pretty sure there's /r/LawSchool or something like that.
>>
>>17360595
If you're in the US, a lot of career paths are like that nowadays. Do something you like and do well in school. Network as much as you can. I got a very specific degree in a very competitive and over saturated field, and I got hired within 3 months of getting my license to practice. Now it's my dream job and I love it! But I never take it for granted, a lot of my graduating class doesn't like who they work for or still haven't found full time, steady work and I graduated in 2014. I'm one of the lucky ones. You can go for it if it's what you really want and are passionate about, but you have to be better than your classmates and when you're done with school you need to be able to reallyyyy sell yourself to prospective employers. You will all be competing with each other for the same positions.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.