[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does this look like herpes to you?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
>kissed a guy or two on a night out

>a week later co-worker comes to work sick with a fever and a ton of cold sores around his lips
>we use the same glass cups at work

>i get sick that weekend with a really bad fever
>get cold sores (herpes??) on lips

>not sure if it's from kissing stranger or result of fever
>i never really get cold sores that often

>cant go to doctor bc in foreign country atm and it's hella expensive
>any input MUCH APPRECIATED
>>
In what country are you in?
>>
Yes, that is herpes. I have it and it looks like that. Avoid touching it, wash anything that's touched it, throw out any lipstick / lip balm that you've used in the recent past, and wash your hands before you touch your junk. The sores will rupture in a few days / a week - and they'll be filled with viral fluid, so watch out for that - and then it'll take another week or two to heal up after that.

It's obnoxious and embarrassing, but like half the population has oral herpes (cold sores) so it's not like you're a leper.
>>
>>17360578
How often do they come back? This is the first time I have had them in 3 years. Is it just random like that? Or does it mean I have actually picked it up now?
>>
>>17360650
It's different for everyone, and individuals go through periods of higher and lower frequency of outbreaks. If you've been previously infected and have a history of low frequency of recurrence, however, there's a good chance that you'll continue to experience a low frequency of occurrence. (Sorry for the verbosity)
>>
You fucking whore. Glad you got herpes and I hope you enjoy your humiliation.
>>
>>17360650
It depends on the person. I get them after I get sick. As soon as I feel them under the skin, I put abreva on it. It doesn't make it magically go away but it makes them last a lot less longer (about 2-3 days)

If you have had cold sores before, the herpes virus didn't magically go away. You will always have if. For the the rest of your life.

Most people have it. It doesn't really matter. They're just unsightly. Just take care of yourself, it mostly attacks when you have a weakened immune system.
Some people never get them again after the first ones.
>>
>>17360706
Yeah, I am on vacation and have been drinking a lot, so that may be related to having a weakened immune system.

Thank you so much for the advice. I hope it doesn't (or barely) comes back! They really are are horrendous looking.

Thanks again! The best to you and your condition of it as well.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.