[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I go somewhere with low funds is it a better idea to buy a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (96 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96 KB, 800x600
If I go somewhere with low funds is it a better idea to buy a motorcycle instead of a car assuming you live in a desert region with no rain?

You can get a small sized motorcycle under 3 grand that gets you back and forth and gets 40-60 mpg. Where a car under 3 grand will probably break down and be in the shop a lot and probably cost you you're job and will cost a ton to repair and probably only get 20-30 mpg
>>
As a mechanic of both cars and bikes, I'd say mmotorcycles generally need more maintenance and repair per mile than a car even though there is the big saving in gas.
There is plenty of preventative maintence and simple repairs you can do to either a bike or car.(See /diy/)
There have been times I've only had a MC and there are some inconveniences but you learn to work around them.
>>
>>17360081
Don't forget to consider that other drivers straight up don't notice motorcycles most of the time(when switching lanes and stuff like that).

Due to that there is an inherent danger that they have which cars don't.
>>
File: 2015_Grom_580x385_Black_42515B.jpg (38 KB, 580x385) Image search: [Google]
2015_Grom_580x385_Black_42515B.jpg
38 KB, 580x385
Honda Grom gets 100mpg with a 1.45 gal tank and a 125cc engine. Perfect for efficiency.
>>
>>17360473
Just looked up the 2017 Grom and it claims 134mpg
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.