[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've felt like I'm physically in the wrong body, like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
I've felt like I'm physically in the wrong body, like I'm piloting a vessel that's completely alien to who I really am for the longest time, and I almost constantly can't stop wanting to practically tear myself to shreds because of this. Does anyone have any idea what this could be or how I can cope with it better? I don't recognize myself in pictures and people all see me as someone I don't think I am at all

picture unrelated
>>
File: 1463005694877.gif (940 KB, 627x502) Image search: [Google]
1463005694877.gif
940 KB, 627x502
>>17359592
So you see yourself as a women but you're really a man? Or vice versa?
>>
>>17359592
Sounds like depersonalization. Go see a therapist/psych
>>
>>17359592
>I've felt like I'm physically in the wrong body, like I'm piloting a vessel that's completely alien to who I really am for the longest time, and I almost constantly can't stop wanting to practically tear myself to shreds because of this. Does anyone have any idea what this could be or how I can cope with it better?
Can you elaborate? What is it that makes your body so alien to who you are?

The end goal is to make peace with your body, one way or another. Either that, or to understand why doing so would somehoe be an act of self-betrayal. Either way, we need more information.
>>
>>17359609

Not just gender related, it's any/all parts of my physical self. I guess that includes what sex this body currently is, but it's isn't only that
>>
>>17359629

My facial features seem wrong, the way I instinctually move and function, and the way that I'm built, from my bone structure to just what my skin is like, it's all as if I'm looking at another person's body, or as if I'm trying to pilot a body I'm not meant to be mentally attached to
>>
>>17359615

I've tried, they don't take it seriously, just think that I simply don't like the way I look all that much. I thought depersonalization was more about your identity?
>>
>>17359592
Just to clarify, is the body you "think" you should be in objectively fitter or more attractive regardless of the gender?
>>
If you could press a button that completely turned you into the opposite sex, would you press it?
>>
>>17359592
My brother had this. He thought he was trans because of it, but fortunately he started practicing rigorous tai-chi which lowered his anxiety (like 2 hours a day, no shit), which convinced him he wasn't trans, and got him willing to find an anti-anxiety med that worked for him.

His anxiety manifested in such a way that he felt so uncomfortable in his own skin that he felt like he was in the wrong body. Now he's doing a lot better. Anxiety runs in our family but he probably has it managed the best out of all of us.

You'll be okay
>>
>>17359592
It's called being a teenager. Male or female, your body changes on you so rapidly and unpredictably that EVERYONE at least occasionally loses contact with it. When puberty finally settles down, you'll have time to get accustomed to the body you're in.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.