[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My girlfriend left me 7 months ago after a long and serious relationship.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: little man riding.jpg (58 KB, 600x449) Image search: [Google]
little man riding.jpg
58 KB, 600x449
My girlfriend left me 7 months ago after a long and serious relationship. It's my birthday soon and she has sent me a gift, we live very far apart which is probably why she told me, i don't know what it is yet.

Why would she do that, she left me, it's 7 months, when my sister left her long term boyfriend that was it, she didn't send him gifts or even text him, whereas my ex keeps texting me every couple of days too.

I do not understand because I am 95% sure she never wants to get back with me.
>>
>>17359441
send the gift back unopened. Whatever she does is done for herself and not for you.
>>
>>17359443
this. give it back.
>>
>>17359443
I've gotta know whats in it I'm too curious. Sending it back 6000 miles is also quite difficult or at last an expensive hassle.
>>
>>17359451
Well it's the best advice you can get. Who cares if it's a 'hassle'? Just refuse delivery and it's automatically sent back.
>>
>>17359466
I'll think about it but I'm more curious about why she'd do this. I sent her a birthday gift but it was a month after we'd split and we were still talking a lot but its over over now.
>>
>>17359441
she deemed you unworthy of being her permanent mate but still wants your attention because you make her feel good. she wants to have her cake and eat it too, like most modern women.

don't give her the time of day because she is subhuman trash acting only for her own benefit
>>
>>17359441

Weird
>>
>>17359470

Mystery solved. If you sent her a gift on her birthday, post-break-up, she's just returning the favor. She doesn't want to feel like she owes you anything.
>>
>>17359441
let it go OP
>>
>>17359451
Write return to sender on it
>>
Sorry, but all these kissless wonders have it backwards. She still cares about you, still thinks about you, but only as a fond memory. A "long and serious relationship" is not something you can easily forget.

No, she isn't trying to restart the relationship. No she isn't doing this out of spite (unless she is a horrible person, which is a separate issue), and no you don't have to do anything if you don't want to.

Open it. Send it back. Whatever, it's your call. But don't think for a minute that there is some ulterior motive here. I have seen this in divorced couples (sure it's rare), but just because the relationship ended doesn't mean the memories and emotional attachments just evaporated. But it also doesn't mean things will ever go back to how they were.
>>
>>17359654
Boom. It's this simple.
>>
Keep that shit and don't talk to her. I guess she wants to keep you around as a back up plan
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.