[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Argument with a friend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: mule1.jpg (71 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
mule1.jpg
71 KB, 600x450
So, a few days ago, I got into an argument with my friend. I was mostly blowing off some steam cuz a few of my other friends were getting on my nerves(he's the guy I usually go to for advice)

He replied to one of my messages, and his reply kinda ticked me off a bit. Since I was already kinda in a bad mood, it bothered me way more than it should have. I snapped at him, and the argument got kinda heated.

Originally, I was gonna just not talk to him for a bit while I cooled down, then apologize...but he kept messaging me, and the last message kinda crossed a line.

Part of me knows I ought to apologize cuz the whole argument was my fault..but I don't want to leave the impression that he can just say anything and get away with it. So I'm torn between not wanting to lose a friend, but not sure whether I can count on him to BE a friend anymore...

Am I just being stubborn by not messaging him and apologizing?
>>
>>17359301
assuming youre a girl (at least thats the vibe im getting from your post).

you came to your friend to let off steam so already they were doing you a favor, right?

what message did they send that you absolutely can not let him "get away with"?

right now you just sound ungrateful and yes, stubborn.
>>
>There's no reason you can't do both.
You should apologize because you know you feel it's the right thing to do, but in your message you can let them know that you felt they crossed a line(especially if they knew you would think so) and how it made you feel. See if they get any more hostile and take it from there.
>>
>>17359301
Notice how quick you are to dismiss your own "blowing off some steam" and "snapping at him" and how outraged you are at his responses.

Is it possible that he might judge each of your contributions to the argument the other way around?

You started the fight. If it escalated, it is all still your fault. You apologize.
>>
>>17359309
Guy actually. Really wish I didn't get that so often...

"I guess you're as bad at that as you are at having friends"

It just kinda...hits right where I'm the least secure. I only have a few friends, and I'm just generally bad at making new friends, or just talking to new people in general.
>>
>>17359327

I don't mean to dismiss my contributions. I know I shouldn't have snapped in the first place, and wish I hadn't.

I just...this isn't the first time he's said something like this. He KNOWS its crossing a line. And despite this, he still said it. And I'm sick of just letting things go so easily, just because I only have a few friends and "can't afford" to lose one.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.