[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Choosing a career path
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4
File: physicianassistant-1924.jpg (123 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
physicianassistant-1924.jpg
123 KB, 600x400
I'm at a crossroads guys. To start off, I'm 21. I've took a couple classes in community college, but other than that have no formal education(Except my HS diploma obvi)

So, I'm stuck between two plans:

>A
Go to school, apply for a 4-year, or just continue to get my AS at community then transfer. Then get a Bachelors in ____(I'm unsure of what my major should be yet) then possibly enlist in the military(Most likely Army). After, I want continue to work in the medical field but I;m unsure of WHAT in the medical field(Perhaps PA?)

or

>B
Enlist in the Army, go either Ranger, or 18x(Special Forces) and work my hardest to become a medical professional doing special operations type stuff. Then get out, and use my GI Bill/TA to get my degree in something science/medical related and go to PA school, potentially.

What do? I realize my aspirations are grandeur, but I was told to always shoot for the highest I can, and I firmly believe I can do it.
>>
>>17359186
How does a dude aiming so high only manage to have a few CC classes under his belt at 21?
>>
I say option B but go for 68w as your MOS.
>>
>>17359188
Honestly? I don't have an excuse. I'm a lazy fuck and I love sitting home and not doing shit but working a dead end job or no job so I can play vidya all day.

But now I see all of my classmates and people my age, traveling the world and finishing their degrees, and I'm just a fucking loser. It's strange, because I was never like this in high school. I was so fucking motivated. I got ready to enlist after I graduated, but got cold feet and didn't.

>>17359189
Yeah, if I went 68w I would either have to get an Opt 40, or drop an SF packet when I get to my unit. I honestly want to try the hardest thing the army has to offer and Ranger/SF is right up there. SO it's either go 68w with an Opt 40, or just go 18x and hope I get picked as a Delta.
>>
File: 1468217794965.png (652 KB, 821x767) Image search: [Google]
1468217794965.png
652 KB, 821x767
>>17359192
>I'm a lazy fuck

See that's what I figured. Thing is, laziness is a habit, and motivation is an emotional response. You can't break a habit with emotion alone. Don't shoot for the moon and expect to land on the clouds if you miss, that's bullshit. You're going to wind up biting off more than you can chew and eat shit by the end of it.

Set a realistic, 2-5 year goal and accomplish that, and develop some sort of respectable work ethic before you try to join US special forces or med school. Start by getting your AS and finishing your BS at a four year.
>>
>>17359192
don't join the infantry when there's no war to fight, seriously don't fucking do it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEVPSKdpRXA
>>
File: 1426241641103.jpg (36 KB, 607x608) Image search: [Google]
1426241641103.jpg
36 KB, 607x608
>>17359201
Duly noted. Thanks anon. But see, I'm unsure of what to get my BS in. Biochem? Biology? I'm lost because I'm not sure what would be the best choice for trying to become a PA.

>>17359203
No way, I'd be a medic(68w). If I don't get put in a line unit, I'll get stuck in a hospital. Rather be on the line desu, hence me wanting to go be a super cool oper8r. I'm an adrenaline junkie.

I realize my notions sound reatrded because I'm a lazy fuck, but if I follow what above anon said about building a responsible work ethic and developing a sense of personal responsibility before trying hardcore shit, I just might make it when that time comes.
>>
File: 1465957133907.jpg (98 KB, 424x550) Image search: [Google]
1465957133907.jpg
98 KB, 424x550
>>17359186
Do you have to get a university degree no matter what? You can get a skilled trades job and start making money way faster.

http://www.skilledtrades.com
http://profoundlydisconnected.com
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.