[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Geckos
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Leopard_gecko_with_new_tail.jpg (4 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
Leopard_gecko_with_new_tail.jpg
4 MB, 3264x2448
I've fucked up.
House sitting for my younger brother and I've accidentally left his Gecko cage open over night.
1 is still just sat in the cage, other is missing, its about a 3ft drop from the cage to the floor and his room is fucking messy and dark as shit.

Anyone got any tips on how to catch the bastard?? I've put a plant in the middle of the room.
Should i let the other one out and see where it goes?

Fuck I hate animals.
>>
Search the floor. It'll be somewhere dark until night comes and it starts moving again. It's most likely under some clothes or somewhere along the wall. They hide in the day in small places they find cozy.
>>
>>17359177

If I turn all the lights off and only leave its tank light on, will that trick it into walking around?
>>
>>17359187
no. do you become sleepy at 10am if you turn the lights off?
>>
>>17359216

Good point.

Okay. So I've checked all the corners and skirting boards around the room and found nothing.

Let the other Gecko out and followed her for a bit, she ran to the first place I checked and she still wasnt there. Think that plan was bust.

I've set one of her dens in the middle of the room and put a damp sock in it, hoping the moisture will attract her, as well as putting a tub of water and a plant beside it.

Am I missing anything or does this sound good?
>>
>>17359231
make gecko sounds to attract it
>>
>>17359238

Apparently according to youtube they chirp. Not found a video long enough to use as bait.

Fuck me, why is the top part of the house such a mess! The poor bastard could be behind any number of boxes or old toys
>>
>>17359251
wish i could help you find this cute ass gecko, but all i habe is this bump and wishing you good luck.
how difficult is it to hold them, if youre not leaving the cage open that is?
>>
>>17359263

The two my brother owns are both super different. The one that escaped is a bastard that won't stay still,compared to the other one that just sits in your hand and lets you stroke her.

As a whole they're not to bad and take little effort . . Unless you're a prick like me and forgets to shut the door
>>
Gecko owner here. check all corners, under beds, couches, small spaces etc. they're nocturnal and most are curious so they'll roam. Some will try to climb if they're like the leopard gecko in the pic. Making gecko sounds won't work. If you don't tear up the room looking for it, you just gotta be patient.
>>
Worst case scenario just buy another gecko and pretend it's the one you lost.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.