[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do normal people feel a deep, general distress they need to keep
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 1463218776469.gif (2 MB, 300x226) Image search: [Google]
1463218776469.gif
2 MB, 300x226
Do normal people feel a deep, general distress they need to keep their minds distracted from every day?
It's like, I can get in a mood sometimes where I just feel okay, but it comes back. Even when I have nothing to worry about, I start picking apart the future or big questions without real answers. I can't be happy.
>>
>>17358993
>Do normal people feel a deep, general distress they need to keep their minds distracted from every day?
No.
>>
Yes, it's impossible to contemplate your existence without coming face to face with those questions. That's the very reason religion was invented in the first place.

I'm afraid that's the cross we have to bear as mortal beings, it doesn't really get easier as you get older, but you do come to more of an acceptance with it. Death comes for us all whether you're ready or not. Look at it this way, you already didn't exist for 13 billion years before you were born, that wasn't so bad was it? As a man whose name escapes me once said, embrace the inevitable.
>>
>>17358993
its normal. see, way back in the savannas of africa there were two states of mind: immediate, visible danger and looking for potential invisible danger. in the modern world without real dangers we are essentially trapped in mode 2.

there isnt supposed to be relaxed happiness. learn to live with it and realize everything is fine.
>>
File: 1425359104143.png (94 KB, 228x189) Image search: [Google]
1425359104143.png
94 KB, 228x189
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLjelIPg3ys
calm the monkey mind
>>
>>17359005
Death doesn't worry me. Death makes me feel relieved, knowing that one day everything will be out of my hands.
>>17359013
I can live with everything, potentially, but I'm not fine. Life shouldn't be this way. Not that it matters what I feel.
>>
>>17359114
>Life shouldn't be this way
idealistic but naive thing to say anon. remember that all your happy moments only exist in contrast with the stressful/worrying things in life.

"it is what it is" -reviewbra
love it or leave it.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.