[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been dealing with social anxiety all my life, and with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: FB_IMG_1468493263023.jpg (31 KB, 711x694) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1468493263023.jpg
31 KB, 711x694
I've been dealing with social anxiety all my life, and with my first year of college under my belt with literally no new social groups or crazy fun memories to show for it I feel unsatisfied. I have a desire to be more social but it's very very hard for me to because of how terrified new people make me (I can't even bring myself to approach them and say hi).

I already wasted half of my own summer break sitting around the house doing fuck all. I've been trying to work on myself during this time (and I think I've made a good deal of progress the past few days), but I feel rushed, I feel like I have to solve this problem right away in fear of missing out on "college life".

This is supposed to be the time when I start living is it not? Where I'm putting myself out there, meeting lots of new interesting people, doing cool fun shit? I know if I miss out on all this because I couldn't figure out how to work past my anxiety in time I'd hate myself. I'd have a big fat nothing during a time where I'm supposed to have some of the wildest memories of my life.

This really has me scared guys.
>>
BUUUUMMMMPP
>>
>>17358981
>get a gym membership
>workout
>fix your diet
>focus on this until you feel good
>do it only for yourself
Once you learn to enjoy yourself. Making yourself the shit. Not giving a fuck about anything but becoming the fucking best. Pursue that shit. Then not only will your anxiety will go away, youll feel great and get what you want.
>>
>>17361332
>he fell for the /fit/ meme
>>
Quit caffeine, that means tea, coffee, soda, chocolate.
Get 400mg of magnesium in your diet a day, be it through supplements, epsom salt baths, etc
Go for a slow jog steady jog everyday.

Caffeine inhibits GABA causing anxiety, the majority of people are deficient in magnesium due to the modern diet, magnesium being one of the most important nutrients serving over 300 biological functions within the body, including making sure you are calm and jogging is proven to lower anxiety and build confidence. We are humans, we are meant to be on our feet and working up a sweat on a basis and get rewarded for such, sitting about feeling mopey and anxious means your body is trying to tell you something.

Last thing is make sure you are hydrated, chronic dehydration causes a rise in cortisol and generally makes you feel sluggish which doesn't help in social situations.
>>
>>17362281
woops, I meant

>Go for a slow steady jog everyday.

Also research the different forms of magnesium that suit you best, I personally take citrate because it helps me with my bowels too.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.