[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does it mean when a girl says she's not interested
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: otter pile 3.jpg (413 KB, 1024x637) Image search: [Google]
otter pile 3.jpg
413 KB, 1024x637
What does it mean when a girl says she's not interested in sex, or really in a relationship either, but says she wants to be "cuddle buddies".

I don't mind cuddling at all, in fact I could go for some right now, but just strictly cuddling seems like such a fine line. How are you not supposed to develop feelings, sexual feelings or loving feelings, for someone you're embracing for long periods of time with?

I haven't met the girl I'm talking to yet. I will tomorrow, and while I won't be opposed if that's genuinely what she wants, it just seems odd. Is she saying this as a way to say "I don't want any of that off the bat" or as a way of saying "I'm not interested in that stuff period"? I can't help that I find this girl really attractive in terms of appearance, and from what I can tell from talking to her so far, she seems very nice as well. I don't know if I'll be able to just be a cuddle buddy without feeling SOMETHING else towards a girl like this.
>>
I'm curious to know what you think it means?
>>
>>17358373
I think it means just cuddling while watching movies together, or sleeping in the same bed without having sex or something. I honestly don't really know. I had to look it up and it didn't say much.
>>
>>17358361
>I don't mind cuddling at all, in fact I could go for some right now, but just strictly cuddling seems like such a fine line. How are you not supposed to develop feelings, sexual feelings or loving feelings, for someone you're embracing for long periods of time with?

Preeeety easily desu.

That's assuming you're used to and comfortable physical human touch.

I've never heard of a "cuddle buddy" though <.<

>I haven't met the girl I'm talking to yet.
Ok... That's kind of burying the lead there buddy... You should have started with that. So this is online.

First of all, slow your roll. You haven't even met this chick yet. Stop planing your marriage -.-.

Second, it's something someone said online, which means it could mean anything:
Could mean she's needy/lonely as fuck and just wants some physical contact
Could mean she's just trying to play out
Could mean she's mentally unstable
Could mean she's trying to be coy
Could mean absolutely fucking anything

Honestly, this'd be kind of a yellow flag for me if this kind of stuff came up online, to the point where i'd probably still meet them in person, but have next to no expectations because I'd assume their base personality is either manipulative, a total flake, or confused and wishy-washy as hell--and those types of people are generally more of a headache to deal with than anything.

Relax, go meet her if you want, stop getting ahead of yourself.
>>
File: 1381830881724.jpg (14 KB, 233x270) Image search: [Google]
1381830881724.jpg
14 KB, 233x270
>>17358361

>What does it mean when a girl says she's not interested in sex, or really in a relationship either, but says she wants to be "cuddle buddies".

It means she thinks you're a fucking idiot and if you fall for this bullshit you'll prove her right.
>>
>>17358380
It's Tinder, so the whole point is to meet up.
>>17358387
How's that? Fall for what?
>>
Depends on the love languages involved. If your LL is touch, you get an deep but entirely (mostly?) non-sexual fulfillment from touch. That's most likely where she's at. If you're a man, of course, it's simply impossible to prolong a cuddle without getting excited. You probably have the most noble intentions; not everyone does, and if this child doesn't learn that she's going to get herself hurt.
>>
>>17358390

>How's that? Fall for what?

Fall for the trap of being this girl's glorified pillow. She'll keep you like a toy on her shelf she can play with anytime she wants affection and then when she's bored of you or ready to get in a real relationship she'll go find some other guy who actually has a backbone.

She's asking you to hurl yourself into the friendzone head first and you're actually considering it. Have some fucking respect for yourself dude.
>>
God damn women are sadistic

Also, how naive can you be?
>>
>>17358391
Well, I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but she's Korean, and has a pretty good job (is also older than me by two years) but seems somewhat shut-in with her cat.

>>17358397
I don't have any friends though. I'm not going to pass up the opportunity for a friend any more than I would pass up the opportunity for a girlfriend. I'm not so interested in sex either, so that's not a big deal, I just find this hypothetical line confusing.

>>17358398
I don't see how it's sadistic, it's not like she lied to me or anything.
>>
Let me clear this up a bit, since I think I might have painted this in a weird light.

I met this girl on Tinder, and we've only been talking for a couple of days. There was no leading on or anything about sex or dating, we were just talking and the conversation led to here >>17358361

I think the idea that this girl is trying to "use me" is absurd. More likely she's just trying to find someone who wants what she wants, and I don't see how that's bad.

I'm just confused as to what she actually wants. But I guess I'll just have to play it by ear.
>>
File: Otter pile 2.jpg (582 KB, 1798x1200) Image search: [Google]
Otter pile 2.jpg
582 KB, 1798x1200
bump
>>
There's a guy who kept asking about cuddling in platonic friendships in the Ask The Opposite Gender Anything thread. I imagine what she wants is what he wanted - just to be close to another human.
>>
It means she wants the emotional support of a boyfriend, but without having to put out ass.

Basically, a cuddly buddy is a beta orbiter on steroids. Which is fine if you only want to be friends with her, but if you have interest in her in a romantic sense, you'll be wasting your time.
>>
>>17358576
Maybe I'm just autistic, because I never really been able to understand touching another person without feeling something for them. I don't really touch other people, and I don't like massages for that reason.

>>17358583
It's too early to say if I have any romantic interest in her. I don't really know her and haven't met her, but I'm going to meet her and want to. I find her attractive physically, but that's all right now.
>>
>>17358595
>Maybe I'm just autistic, because I never really been able to understand touching another person without feeling something for them. I don't really touch other people, and I don't like massages for that reason.
I don't think you're autistic for that, lots of people are like that. But others are the type where the touch of another person can help them bond with that other person. That's not unusual either.
>>
>>17358595
>It's too early to say if I have any romantic interest in her.
Okay, that's fine. Just don't get romantic feelings for her then. If she wanted a boyfriend, she'd say she wants a boyfriends, not a "cuddle buddy." Again, you'll just be a beta orbiter on steroids.
>>
>>17358611
>Okay, that's fine. Just don't get romantic feelings for her then.
Right, but how do I avoid that. How do you not develop romantic feelings for a woman who lying in your arms every night? I'm not saying I will for sure, it just seems inevitable.

If it's inevitable for both parties than I don't see it being an issue, but only one makes an issue.

I don't know, I'm over thinking it. It was probably just something silly she blurted out and didn't have as much meaning as I'm giving it. I should go to bed before I let my imagination make me depressed with depressing scenarios. Thanks for the help anyway though guys, I'm going to bed before I get too internally conflicted picking apart this one message out of hundreds to sleep.
>>
>>17358361

Cuddle with her, get a boner, see how she reacts.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.