[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Friend is Getting Married to a Jew. Feel Uncomfortable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1331783489298.jpg (22 KB, 475x416) Image search: [Google]
1331783489298.jpg
22 KB, 475x416
Hey /adv/.

One of my best friends is engaged to a woman who loves him dearly. He has asked me to be a groomsman for his wedding. His fiance is Jewish. The wedding ceremony is going to be Jewish which means he's joining the tribe. However, I harbor some negative feelings towards the woman and her faith. My grandfather's home was foreclosed on accident during the last recession and later auctioned off to a landlord who was Jewish. All of his belongings and anything of material value were taken and sold by the landlord. Grandfather lost the will to live and passed on not long after. Dad has been extremely vocal since then about the Jews and it rubbed me in a negative way too.

What can I do? I know anti-semitism is wrong, but I don't know if I can be around people that I resent even though my friend wants me to attend the wedding.
>>
>>17358339
What's more important, your best friend or your ill will towards the Jews?
>>
>>17358339
>person doing job indirectly leads to a persons death without their knowledge
>happens to be Jewish
>"Jews are evil!"

No, sorry, but your dad is an idiot. Would he blame anyone if it was a white Christian? My bet is no. He is racist and looking for excuses to complain.

Don't be an asshole. Support your friend, learn just enough about Jewish weddings to not make a fool of yourself, and just get on with life.
>>
>>17358339

>Friend is Getting Married to a Jew. Feel Uncomfortable

>My grandfather's home was foreclosed on accident during the last recession and later auctioned off to a landlord who was Jewish

You're retarded.
>>
>My grampa was too much of a shitbag to pay his bills.
>It's the Jews' fault! Burn them all!

Hopefully your friend cuts you out of his life, he'll be better off for it.

Being anti-Semitic in the 21st century is like being afraid of witches in the 21st century.
>>
>>17358339
You can cut him off while he cuts his foreskin off.
>>
>>17358339
Well, personally I think you should support your friend. As long as you think they're a good couple. I think the whole "I hate Jews!" Thing is kind of illogical. I'm not trying to insult you, but rather being honest. Well, and I don't think it's worth losing your friendship over.
>>
>>17358371
>>17358419
Hey look, racists!

Go fuck yourselves. I'm not even Jewish you dumb cunts, I just happen to not be a racist asshole.
>>
>>17358419
I read 30% of the jews living in nyc are barely above the poverty line
>>
>>17358339
>Grandfather made bad decisions in life.
>Its da joos fault XD

Your dad is an idiot.

>>17358371
>>17358419
Back to >>>/pol/
>>
>>17358339

I have a similar situation, OP.

My fiance is a decent person, but his good friend is racist and ignorant, and can't seperate the actions of a person from any group a person belongs to.

When my fiancee's friend sees a rude white man, he talks about how rude that man is, but when he sees a rude jewish man, he talks about how rude jews are. It's like he's incapable of seeing others as individuals unless they share his skin color, religion, heritage, and economic background.

Actually, my fiancee only wants to invite this friend to the wedding because he feels sorry for him. The friend is perpetually friendless and single, and seems to grow angrier with each passing year.

So maybe you can help me out, OP: are there any sorts of things which, if told to you when you weren't so old as to be a lost cause, would have made you wise up? I just really would hate for him to end up like you. I'm sure you understand.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.