[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would You Do LDR?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: giphy.gif (3 MB, 540x250) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
3 MB, 540x250
Simple As Pie
Yes? or No?
Give your Reasons for why if you'd like!
Long Distances Relationships!
Penny For Your Thoughts?
>>
>>17358191
>!
Anon, pls no.
>>
Generally no.

but context is key. If i was really into someone and we had a long term relationship, and there was going to be a period of no more than say, six months, where we wouldn't see each other at all, i would consider it.

but as a general rule, no. your question is very vague. its like asking 'would you date a blond'. sure... depends on the blond though.

good luck
>>
as long as she is willing to love me and not cuck me like the last one did.
>>
>>17358234

>willing to love me

someone should be wanting to love you, not just willing
>>
Tried one, didn't work at all
>>
No
Already did it. 3 years of my life I will never get back wasting time with some idiotic girl who was cheating on me anyway.
>>
I wouldn't do an LDR, because I live in Central Jersey, which has a lot of people in it and is close to New York and Philadelphia. There's this massive variety of people to meet and things to do, although I'll admit I'm not always up to any of it. The thing is, should I seek a girlfriend on the internet, because I'm not functional enough to meet one in person? No.
>>
I fully expect to do LDR because I gave up on women around here a long time ago.
>>
>>17358451
>around here
where are you located?
>>
>>17358453
California
>>
>>17358472
that's a pretty big place with a variety of different folks.
>>
Had an "LDR" with a girl who lived an hour away. My school/job and her working allowed us to see each other about one weekend a month. She ended up cheating on me. I don't have enough trust to function in a long distance deal anymore.
>>
>>17358491
I live in the Los Angeles area, and I'm extremely conservative, traditonal, and old-fashioned.
>>
>>17358191
Only within the same country (I live in a small country) and temporarily. I wouldn't enter a 'relationship' with someone from another country I met online or something
>>
no

right now I am infatuated with a guy that lives over 1000km from me. I have never come across someone as wonderful as him, he just makes me feel so happy, we are so in tune with another. but at the same time, a relationship is more than just exchanging data. a healthy relationship requires intimacy and you miss out on some much. what happens if you find someone more compatible within the same city? what if the chemistry when you do meet up is notthere or has for whatever reason ceased to be? through words you can portray yourself as you want however actions are the true indication of a person's character.
also fights are harder to resolve, there is more chance for insecurities to crop up. it is harder to navigate than the typical relationship.
also, put it this way, a leaf that has fallen on your partner has had more contact with them than you ever had.
go out and meet people. and if you cannot find someone, there is always masturbation and suicide.
>>
>>17358502
I'm college age, so I meet a lot of people who believe in new feminist and racist-against-whites mentalities. I honestly feel bad for them, not angry with them. It does them damage in their personal lives.

I understand wanting to move to be with your people, though. Maybe try that. You can probably escape the shit by moving along the West Coast, going somewhere people are simply more chill.
>>
>>17358523
All of my family lives here, and I'd rather be close to them. Also, my career wouldn't be viable anywhere else. I'm stuck here, so it seems I have to import.
>>
>>17358191
Did it once for six years (we'd been together a year before that). Wasted no time in getting married once we were able to close the distance for good. Still happy together, but holy living FUCK do I hope I never have to do that again. She feels the same.

I am going to tell you the same thing I tell everyone, OP: don't do it. They never work.

You may be wondering how I can say that, given that mine DID work. But that's part of the point: you need to go into this with the mindset that you've set out to do something impossible. If you aren't THAT determined-slash-committed-slash-stupid, you stand no chance.
>>
>>17358191
No.
Flesh is weak.
>>
I'm considering getting into one now actually, but I will probably regret it.. Not worth the pain is it.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.