[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
People getting married?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
File: theweeknd.png (986 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
theweeknd.png
986 KB, 1200x675
It seems like more and more people my age are getting married. Its actually kind of frightening because I have not even had a girlfriend yet and I am mid twenties. Just the other day, a old friend of my mine got married at age 26.

I am scared shitless because it makes me feel like I am missing out on life.

My primary issue is that I can't provide what women want. I have no car(decent used cars are so fucking expensive.. 7000 USD for a fucking toyota carolla around here. USED.), I don't really have a funny personality. I don't like taking the lead and I am pretty boring.

I have to force myself to seem exciting and it comes off as unnatural and try hardy.

I am fucked. Its strange because find that women wonder more about "What can this dude do FOR ME" rather than "What can we do for each other?"

I also find that women are really hive mindish. They won't think themselves through problems or opinions but instead just look at what everyone else is doing and just do that. Even if its shitty. Remember the ugg boot craze? That shit is STILL going on up here in new england.

Anyway, am I missing out on life? People tell me that I should just live and women will come into my life. I have been living for about 2 decades and a half now and zero women have come into my life.
>>
>>17358167
Don't worry. The dirty secret in life is that there are a ton of people who will grow up and be alone their whole lives. We've all been conditioned to believe everyone will find someone eventually, and make babies. There are a crap ton of people who will die alone, ;)
>>
>>17358194

Why haven't they rebelled yet? If someone said "You are destined to die alone."

I would definitely fly into a rage and kill fate or something. No way in hell you are going to make me live with the urges and then tell me that I can't fulfill said urges that were given to me per being a fucking human being.

FUCK. THAT.
>>
>>17358167

your logic implies its a race, or that there is an endgame. and while marriage may mean the end of a lot of adventure, its not the point of life. we are not racing towards getting married.

my friend recently started dating. ditched me for his girlfriend on two important occasions. I called him out on it and said he was pussy whipped. everyone said i was just jealous that i was 'behind'.

but its simply not the way it works. everyone knows they're going to get divorced anyways, so why not skip that step?

it sounds to me like you are missing out in the dating field, sure. but you aren't missing out on being married.
>>
>>17358199
Because that's harder than actually improving yourself enough to get an SO.
>>
>>17358199
No one is destined for anything. A lot of these people are social failures through their own fault. Many are just mentally retarded, or grow up in a fucked up country and are shackled down by their circumstances. However, life is what you make of it.
>>
>>17358227

Honestly, this world is built for very specific kinds of people. People with long lasting family lines mostly.

People who don't have that generational capital advantage just get shitted on. In the past, there was ways to generate capital. Now, there is nothing.
>>
>>17358167
I've honestly never met anyone over 40 that is still married. It's made me pretty cautious about it and probably won't do it til like I'm 30-35 if at all.
>>
>>17358167
i can tell you that the last 4 girls i've worked with who were engaged or married have all been doing things that they wouldn't do if their guys were around. i could get into detail.
>>
>>17359459
what? i've met tons of people. are you in the same town forever and go to the same bars?
>>
>>17358315
not starting from scratch gives you an advantage.
>>
>>17359469
Nah, I work, go to school and travel a decent amount. I'm sure there are plenty of people that are together forever I just have never met any of them on a decent level.
>>
>>17359473
maybe their lifestyles vary that much from others not like them, that they are only seen in certain places. this is just speculation.
>>
>>17358167
>I also find that women are really hive mindish

Why do you guys always blame it on women?
I KNOW I got nothing to offer, THEY know I got nothing to offer.
So why would they?
>>
>>17358315
>Now, this is nothing.

Well, if you lack a soul, there are ways to get rich.
>>
>>17359478
cuz women hold all the power in saying yes or no.
>>
>>17359482
You know this is where the thread stops and starts edging towards latent homosexuality.
>>
>>17359482
So?

Why would she want to say yes to your worthless ass?
>>
>>17359485
She wouldn't :(
>>
>>17358167
>Its strange because find that women wonder more about "What can this dude do FOR ME" rather than "What can we do for each other?"
How do you know? You can't do anything for women either way, so regardless of what question they ask, you're fucked.
>>
>>17358167
I'm 22 and experiencing a similar thing. Te unfortunate thing about a long history of health problems and chronic pain, is only its ancillary aspects are visible to people who know what to look for. You're a half broken thing that appears normal otherwise. Least, deep down, part of me feels that way.

Hell, some of the people I went to school with have kids already. Having not kept in contact with anyone is probably a net positive.

>>17358199
Life, and the universe, is mechanical. The only requirement for existence is that it works. You're a self sustaining particle system that was generated by conditions being just right within two other particle systems. There does not appear to be any intelligent "fate" guiding things, or a prime mover of sorts. Having urges and desires by no means entitles you to ever having them filled. Humans are machines of finite mind, and finite control, after all.

This sort of perspective is ultimately harmful to you. Focus on what you are and what can allow you to become, not some hazy notion of fate and what life ought to owe you.
>>
>>17359491
>Life, and the universe, is mechanical

Well, there is your conciousness.
>>
>>17359500
Probably also mechanical. Though there's a large spectrum of possibilities, and I don't really want to go into dualism etc too much.

As it stands most aspects of the mind can be explained via a reductionist, mechanistic approach. For example disrupting the claustrum, which most mammals have, results in an immediate loss of consciousness in humans. This doesn't mean the source of consciousness is the claustrum, but it does imply something about its function as a bridging or some such part of the overall anatomy.

Consciousness is a hard problem we'll probably never fully resolve.
>>
>>17359507
>Consciousness is a hard problem we'll probably never fully resolve.

Which is why I think it's not mechanical.

I think the philosophical zombie theory fits in somewhere.
>>
>>17358167

OP you do not have to be funny, buff. or even interesting to pick up females. All you need is confidence, and the only way to become a confident individual is to throw these pussy ass inhibitions away.

> Getting married in your twenties
topkek

Those relationships statistically do not last, and who the fuck would want to be tied down in their youth.

I know your issue is not a derivative of not being able to pick up females though, because this is the type of existential crisis that we millennials usually face.

The reasoning behind your existential based apathy probably stems from shit such as the uncertainty of the future, the threat of working a shitty part time job all your life, and of course the lack of pussy.

There is a couple of ways to cure your apathy.

Don't give a fuck about the little things, and live a very nihilistic lifestyle. (I do this)

Find something that you are truly passionate about, maybe like a hobby. Even if it is some nerdy weeb shit as long as you can show some real interest about whatever it is (which is a rare trait in today's society) you will attract people with similar interests (maybe females).

Least of all you can just do nothing, and in which case I direct you here ----> wizchan

Good luck OP, and stop asking strangers on message boards for advice. Your life is what you make it. Whether you are a faggot, or not a faggot it is ultimately up to you.
>>
>>17359482
so make her want to say yes nigga, suddenly YOU hold all the power
>>
>>17359538
The only time that would happen is if a person is REALLY good looking, alpha confident and funny or successful.
>>
>>17359528
>wizchan

Every 4chan clone sucks, I think 420 chan is the only one that is half good.
>>
>>17359547
Nah, that poster is net correct. You're engaging in wilful slavery, and the power of definition lies equally with you.

Stop watching what the woman does and just accepting how she frames the interaction as "the way it is". Your own definition of how it is, and how it's gonna be, comes through in your actions, and it does afford a degree of control over other people. You've got things all messed up in your head and are sleepwalking through life as a sensor always looking for your environment to tell you how they think it is, so you can readily conform. Throw up your hands "guess that's how it is!"
>>
>>17359555
(Also, ironically enough this subservient attitude is simultaneously dehumanizing to the person you're interacting with, as well as boring. Life is grand with those dualisms.)
>>
>>17359547
no man that's just what this website will have you believe. this board spews bullshit about how you need to be 6'4" with a maserati and a tree trunk size cock to get even a 7/10 girl but that's not how it works at all. girls just want a guy that's not a total pussy and has a reasonable amount of his shit together

>dont have a car?
you're probably not ready to date seriously

>no job?
probably not ready

>no friends, hobbies, or interesting past times
NOT READY

that's another problem with dating, people assume their lives will be much more fulfilling and interesting if only they had a gf/bf, but that just means theres two of you now with nothing interesting to do
>>
Marriage is overrated in this day and age anyhow. Though if you can find a worthy woman go for it because they are really rare these days.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.